Munga 2021

Koos Likkewaan

50 minutes ago, Andrew Steer said:

He's sadly been pulled from the race... crashed and hurt his neck, rode on to the next check point, but the medics pulled him.
Gutted for him - especially with the end so near and the ride being more than just about him this year

Strongs Vette

To me, I consider this a finish (meaning full distance covered), and treated the challenge as such.

Well done Vetseun, and thank you for having the courage to do this, and for a very worthy cause !

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

51 minutes ago, Roul said:

Sorry to hear Vetseun.

I see the Cut-off has overhauled a few riders over night, hope they can pull it back.

Riders within 45km should hopefully be good provided they are still moving... anyone behind that it's getting touch and go. 
Hope they can all somehow make it, but fear there will be a few coming in a couple km's short

Munga Cut-Off.jpg

57 minutes ago, ouzo said:

aggh no Vettie

Heal up quick. my guess is having to pull out of the race hurts more than the neck right now.

Great shame - heal up well!

1 minute ago, Andrew Steer said:

Riders within 45km should hopefully be good provided they are still moving... anyone behind that it's getting touch and go. 
Hope they can all somehow make it, but fear there will be a few coming in a couple km's short

Munga Cut-Off.jpg

Def a close call to the cutoff - tail riders have done an amazing job hauling back overnight. Will be some tired bodies out there - hope they can catch that dreaded green dot!

What happened to Chris Van Zyl? He was a few km from the finish and then his dot stopped a few days ago. 

Vettie is cutting it fine.

I see his 2 fellow Bloem mates are ahead of him.

Edited by taito

10 minutes ago, W Smith said:

What happened to Chris Van Zyl? He was a few km from the finish and then his dot stopped a few days ago. 

Brandon Harcus from PE also shows active but he finished about the same spoton the map.

13 minutes ago, taito said:

Vettie is cutting it fine.

I see his 2 fellow Bloem mates are ahead of him.

2 hours ago, Andrew Steer said:

He's sadly been pulled from the race... crashed and hurt his neck, rode on to the next check point, but the medics pulled him.
Gutted for him - especially with the end so near and the ride being more than just about him this year

Strongs Vette

20 minutes ago, _David_ said:

AIshhh  that really sucks He gave it his all.Tough oke.

Damn - it looks from the trackleaders page that the guys now chasing the cut down from Gouda/Hermon are riding into a headwind. That is harsh.

3 minutes ago, walkerr said:

Damn - it looks from the trackleaders page that the guys now chasing the cut down from Gouda/Hermon are riding into a headwind. That is harsh.

Also see Kim Brearley is off course and Flavio Scarpa is about to catch the cut-off marker. Some tough riding out there.

3 minutes ago, Roul said:

Also see Kim Brearley is off course and Flavio Scarpa is about to catch the cut-off marker. Some tough riding out there.

Hope she comes right fast... she doesn't have a lot of time to play with. 
Maroshell Odendaal putting in a great push, I think she might make it....

Three girls behind her too as well, but time not on their side unless there are some easy/fast km's in there towards the end?