How long for Ractec/PPA to update seedings?

Jono

How long after a ractec/PPA event are the seedings updated? Did the PPA Sportive last Sunday 31 October and not seeing any change. I did click on show unused seedings at the bottom of the page. I thought it was a couple of days after the event?

Depends... They usually do seeding runs just prior to an upcoming race rather than a predetermined time post a race. So I assume at the latest they will update the seedings just before the Double Century.

21 minutes ago, Skubarra said:

Depends... They usually do seeding runs just prior to an upcoming race rather than a predetermined time post a race. So I assume at the latest they will update the seedings just before the Double Century.

DC seeding run is currently in progress. PPA Seeding will likely only be updated again after DC. 

32 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

DC seeding run is currently in progress. PPA Seeding will likely only be updated again after DC. 

Cool - didn't realise they were already busy with the DC seeding runs. I hope they update the seedings with Durbie Dash & Sportif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So the seedings have been updated, They however adjusted the winners time from 2:17 to 2:04. I can't remember exactly what the reason is for them doing this? I finished at the front of the second group most of the group got dropped, expected to see an improvement in the seeding.

Kind of feel what is the point in doing the seeding events if they going to adjust. 

31 minutes ago, Jono said:

So the seedings have been updated, They however adjusted the winners time from 2:17 to 2:04. I can't remember exactly what the reason is for them doing this? I finished at the front of the second group most of the group got dropped, expected to see an improvement in the seeding.

Kind of feel what is the point in doing the seeding events if they going to adjust. 

Its to make an allowance for the quality of the field - so that you don't get an unfair advantage for doing well in races where not a lot of strong riders entered.

From personal experience it can be hard to improve your seeding from the second group, especially on the "easier" races. It's not enough to just finish near the front of the group, on the day the whole group actually needs to push hard to finish closer to the first group. But that is rarely the mindset of the majority of B bunch, most people are happy to just ride for position.

Edited by Skubarra

So how do you improve your seeding from B to A? If you can't do it in a seeding event cause majority of the group are happy with their B seeding 

12 minutes ago, Jono said:

So how do you improve your seeding from B to A? If you can't do it in a seeding event cause majority of the group are happy with their B seeding 

finish in front of the majority of the group ;)

3 minutes ago, Jono said:

Don't have a great answer for you unfortunately... The above has been my experience but its not a rule set in stone, on a good/lucky day an easy race can also bump up your seeding.

But I found that the more difficult or longer races are best opportunities - in the new year the 99er might be a good bet, larger groups and usually a more difficult route (depending on road works). Later in the year the PPA One Tonner and maybe the Boland 100 Miler(?)

Also I see the Sportif this weekend the attendance can't be that great because I'm a B seeding but I'm starting in A, so maybe an opportunity for some to ride with A bunch and improve their seeding (although I suspect mr adjusted winning time might have the final say again).

Luckily you only need one good ride and then you are sorted for 6 months.

On 11/10/2021 at 3:43 PM, DieselnDust said:

this predicition didn't age well!!

1 minute ago, Jbr said:

To elaborate on my answer above, in 2018 I managed it 4 times in a row over 2 months and my seeding stayed exactly the same - hence my sympathy for the OP

My seeding dropped from 0.45 to 39 due to punctures in both the Argus events, which is the best place to improve seeding. The 100 miler did not help the cause as although we caught VC, VB, VA and almost all of $, I personally may have burnt some matches before the last climb and gave up a lot on the final climb. 

Durbie Dash managed to do a decent time and that has increased seeding to 8.77 now. 

Top Tip - Stick on the Savages wheels this weekend, they want to try get an A seeding from the event.

1 hour ago, Jbr said:

that's pretty much my complaint, I did finish in the front of my group 

1 hour ago, Skubarra said:

Don't have a great answer for you unfortunately... The above has been my experience but its not a rule set in stone, on a good/lucky day an easy race can also bump up your seeding.

But I found that the more difficult or longer races are best opportunities - in the new year the 99er might be a good bet, larger groups and usually a more difficult route (depending on road works). Later in the year the PPA One Tonner and maybe the Boland 100 Miler(?)

Also I see the Sportif this weekend the attendance can't be that great because I'm a B seeding but I'm starting in A, so maybe an opportunity for some to ride with A bunch and improve their seeding (although I suspect mr adjusted winning time might have the final say again).

Luckily you only need one good ride and then you are sorted for 6 months.

I suspect this is probably the trick, get lucky on a lower attendance event and get grouped with A

Edited by Jono
Not road riding this weekend, otherwise probs would have been a good opportunity

1 hour ago, Pure Savage said:

My seeding dropped from 0.45 to 39 due to punctures in both the Argus events, which is the best place to improve seeding. The 100 miler did not help the cause as although we caught VC, VB, VA and almost all of $, I personally may have burnt some matches before the last climb and gave up a lot on the final climb. 

Durbie Dash managed to do a decent time and that has increased seeding to 8.77 now. 

Top Tip - Stick on the Savages wheels this weekend, they want to try get an A seeding from the event.

Just out of interest where are you guys starting? Think I'll start in A anyway but it would be nice knowing there is a bus coming from behind If I get dropped 😀