Giant Defy Roadbike stolen in Melbosstrand in front of Simply Bru Coffee shop

afloris

Hi, my bike was stolen on Sat 06 Nov around 10:30 am. The thieve snatched my bike and rode off. Apparently second bike stolen at the coffee shop in 2 weeks. The bike is a Large white Giant Defy roadbike. I can be contacted on 0824945448 if you have any information.

WhatsApp Image 2021-11-06 at 1.08.32 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-11-06 at 1.12.50 PM.jpeg

Geez sorry to hear man, We were also there on Saturday morning but around 7am side. Is there nobody who could have chased after him as there aren't many roads which 1 could exit that area from. Good Luck and hope you are reunited with your bike.

thanks appreciated..so I did try to run after this guy, and waved down a guy in a bakkie to assist, but he disappeared. Please look out for this guy. .He is tall and thinblack/coloured  gentelman ..wears a hoodie and black cap..he is apparently a known thieve of bikes in that area and is hitting cyclist on that beachfront. If you see him just alert SAPS Melbosstrand. A detective Jacobs is on the case on 072 560 2512

16 minutes ago, afloris said:

he is apparently a known thieve of bikes in that area and is hitting cyclist on that beachfront. 

This is the most disappointing part. 

Hope you find your bike. Hope we, one day, get actual policing. 

15 minutes ago, afloris said:

thanks appreciated..so I did try to run after this guy, and waved down a guy in a bakkie to assist, but he disappeared. Please look out for this guy. .He is tall and thinblack/coloured  gentelman ..wears a hoodie and black cap..he is apparently a known thieve of bikes in that area and is hitting cyclist on that beachfront. If you see him just alert SAPS Melbosstrand. A detective Jacobs is on the case on 072 560 2512

Jassis, this makes one want to case the area out and entrap this fkwt for a good lesson! So sorry man, hope you come right sooner than later.

Fyi as a general tip. I have a rubber O ring on my handlebars, like on the Garmin mounts. If I stop anywhere for coffee I strap it to the brake lever and also clip my helmet strap round one the wheels. Mitigates any opportunist **** taking a chance. 
Will literally animal balloon a coffee table up the nought of the person caught! 

He seems to be operating  on Sat mornings. As I said I was at Simply Bru..the previous sat another cyclist was hit at the same coffee shop

1 hour ago, Danger Dassie said:

Jassis, this makes one want to case the area out and entrap this fkwt for a good lesson! So sorry man, hope you come right sooner than later.

Fyi as a general tip. I have a rubber O ring on my handlebars, like on the Garmin mounts. If I stop anywhere for coffee I strap it to the brake lever and also clip my helmet strap round one the wheels. Mitigates any opportunist **** taking a chance. 
Will literally animal balloon a coffee table up the nought of the person caught! 

Leaving your bike in the lowest gear helps as well.  Just to make it that little bit harder for the thief to get momentum, especially as he won’t be clipped in.

2 hours ago, afloris said:

Gentelman se mo$r, skollie.

Leave a bike with Apple AirTag attached to it. Let SAPS know beforehand and follow the f*wit home. 

44 minutes ago, tinmug said:

Leave a bike with Apple AirTag attached to it. Let SAPS know beforehand and follow the f*wit home. 

Air tag will only work if perp has an iPhone or someone close to him has an iPhone.

been watching bike theft in UK looks like we are actually "lucky" yes they dont kill over there but the numbers,,,mind blowing