Attakwas 2022

DIPSLICK

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Might be a dumb question, but do I need to take my Saseeding mtb board with? or any timing chips? I haven't done a race in 6 years.ย 

7 hours ago, ChrisF said:

Speedy recovery to both of you ๐Ÿ‘

I'll echo that.

Currently self isolating after Wifey contracted the Deceptacon and came down with symptoms on New Years day. Shes basically fine nd says ti feels like flu Now I have to wait and see :(

If I didn't have bad luckย I wouldn't have any luck at all.

Would love to accept one of those Atta entries but its too close to commit right now

3 hours ago, JJ said:

Might be a dumb question, but do I need to take my Saseeding mtb board with? or any timing chips? I haven't done a race in 6 years.ย 

Nope, you get a board with timing chip hooked onto it. After you cross the line, they remove chip and you keep the board as memento

47 minutes ago, milky4130 said:

Nope, you get a board with timing chip hooked onto it. After you cross the line, they remove chip and you keep the board as memento

Never kept the board, always handed back at finish.ย 

1 minute ago, jcza said:

Never kept the board, always handed back at finish.ย 

out of choice or you just thought it was meant to be handed back?

9 hours ago, milky4130 said:

out of choice or you just thought it was meant to be handed back?

Iโ€™m under the impression that it must be handed back. Same as other Dryland events.ย 

1 hour ago, jcza said:

Iโ€™m under the impression that it must be handed back. Same as other Dryland events.ย 

Maybe it was previously done that way!? I def have my boards from last few years.ย 

Chip was cut off board on finish line as @milky4130ย said.

ย 

Anyway point being here @JJthey provide you with event board and chip in race pack.

19 minutes ago, babse said:

Maybe it was previously done that way!? I def have my boards from last few years.ย 

Chip was cut off board on finish line as @milky4130ย said.

ย 

Anyway point being here @JJthey provide you with event board and chip in race pack.

I missed 2021 but prior to that always handed board back. Not important, what matters is that organiser provides timing board and chip.ย 

On 11/17/2021 at 1:22 PM, Jewbacca said:

Can I ask you guys, what is the actual appeal of the event?

(I've done a few, old longer route and newer rout - last one in 2016)

Looking back on it, I can honestly not figure out what the appeal is for the race. Other than 'long and adverse' and a suffer brag, the A to B format makes for unnecessary admin, the route is mostly district roads and jeep tracks and often sandy.ย 

I am genuinely interested to know as the more I have thought about it, the less and less appealing the event is for me. What keeps everyone going back? Or is it just the ยฃhellofthesouth tag?

I've done Four. Stil to return for my fifth "Ratel". (Medical issues have kept me away 2 years)

ย The scenery is beautiful, the day is tough as nails! The event is very well organized and yes... Bragging rights ๐Ÿคช๐Ÿคช

Mate of mineโ€™s ย wife wanted to do the race, so Iโ€™ve given her my entryย 

So JCZA no pressure ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

ย 

ย 

1 hour ago, DIPSLICK said:

Mate of mineโ€™s ย wife wanted to do the race, so Iโ€™ve given her my entryย 

So JCZA no pressure ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

ย 

ย 

Midpackers donโ€™t feel pressure. Iโ€™ll probably ride with the mate until one of us blows up ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

On 1/6/2022 at 9:06 PM, jcza said:

Midpackers donโ€™t feel pressure. Iโ€™ll probably ride with the mate until one of us blows up ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

@jcza I thought you and Prawn were riding together?