Attakwas 2022

DIPSLICK

Yoh, I remember the Sani Day 2 that was stupidly hot coming out of the Ixopo R valley (they were bringing milk cans of water down for the strugglers like me) - must have drunk 10 litres of water that day and felt properly wilted. That was the year after we nearly froze on Day 1.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m watching the highlights package now on Supersport. It was so ****warm. 
I love MTB and would enter everything I could but this I will never do unless it’s in June. Am thirsty just watching!! 

Just now, OVERDRIVE said:

I’m watching the highlights package now on Supersport. It was so ****warm. 
I love MTB and would enter everything I could but this I will never do unless it’s in June. Am thirsty just watching!! 

Okes pushing, diving into streams to survive. What in the actual ****. **** me!!! Never a ****

1 minute ago, 'Dale said:

The event should’ve been called off - Extreme Weather Protocol ⚠️

Ja nee 

I love MTB as much as the man next door but that I'm sorry I can not do. Amazing nobody got heat stroke💀

9 hours ago, OVERDRIVE said:

I love MTB as much as the man next door but that I'm sorry I can not do. Amazing nobody got heat stroke💀

Lots of the riders got heat stroke when the body simply shuts down and people call their own participation off. Only about 50% finished. Someone collapsed on the course and was in hospital for 3 days. 

1 hour ago, 'Dale said:

Lots of the riders got heat stroke when the body simply shuts down and people call their own participation off. Only about 50% finished. Someone collapsed on the course and was in hospital for 3 days. 

Yeah I think a little over 800 riders started the morning and just over 300 finished under the original cut-off time of 11 hours, and those who did finish generally rode an hour to 3 hours slower than usual.

My toughest day ever on the bike by a long margin, first day ever where I thought 20km between waterpoints is just ridiculously far. They should have stopped the race for the non-pros at WP2. Although if they did I probably would have been ranting on here about how soft cyclists of today became because at that point I still felt fine 😂

Edited by Skubarra

32 minutes ago, Skubarra said:

Yeah I think a little over 800 riders started the morning and just over 300 finished under the original cut-off time of 11 hours, and those who did finish generally rode an hour to 3 hours slower than usual.

My toughest day ever on the bike by a long margin, first day ever where I thought 20km between waterpoints are just ridiculously far. They should have stopped the race for the non-pros at WP2. Although if they did I probably would have been ranting on here about how soft cyclists of today became because at that point I still felt fine 😂

Ditto, i see me and my mate made the highlights lol.. Looking at it , i am sweating in my office chair. What a tough day out

On 1/19/2022 at 5:45 PM, copperhead said:

Have you tried throwing sodium tables into tour bottles? Like even 7 or 8 at a time. 

Rennies for cramps

12 hours ago, 'Dale said:

Top 30 Wtf GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

11 hours ago, Carmichael said:

Ditto, i see me and my mate made the highlights lol.. Looking at it , i am sweating in my office chair. What a tough day out

Mere fact that I finished a race like that means I deserve to be called Terminator permanently.

1 minute ago, Carmichael said:

I can confirm that Rennies does not work for my cramps, i ate so much Rennies that i won't have heartburn for the rest of my life

worked for me. and some guys I ride with.