Tour du Cap 2021

Sid the Sloth

1 minute ago, Skubarra said:

I would be surprised if you actually go up old Helshoogte. Maybe that was the initial intention until the organisers saw the state of the road before the Boland 100 Miler. Maybe looks great on the marketing blurbs but don't think that road is suitable for road racing anymore?

agree

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, babse said:

fomo... wished I planned (budgeted) for this race.

I have a entry for you ???? PM me.

12 minutes ago, milky4130 said:

I went up old Helshoogte on the road bike a few weeks before "DC" nothing has changed, grow a set, jassis.

it's not as bumpy as killarney anyways ????

4 minutes ago, babse said:

remember that ride we did together also used old hels...

oh I remember ????

25 minutes ago, Jbr said:

it's not as bumpy as killarney anyways ????

you obviously not riding in the gutter enough ???? but seriously have you checked that back straight when the gutter is to the left and those tree roots that have lift the tar to resemble speed humps shoo its getting rougher out there each year.

32 minutes ago, milky4130 said:

you obviously not riding in the gutter enough ???? but seriously have you checked that back straight when the gutter is to the left and those tree roots that have lift the tar to resemble speed humps shoo its getting rougher out there each year.

I’ve been riding the motorbike there for a few years now and I can tell you that even the right side of the back straight is now bumpy, we wrestle with our front wheel at 270 now and with a headwind it becomes even worse…

4 hours ago, Sid the Sloth said:

I am surprised to see little mention of this on le Hub...

I am looking forward to racing this week, and the elite field looks fairly decent. 

Does anyone have GPX files for the stages? 

on the website downloadable 

3 hours ago, Jbr said:

I’ve been riding the motorbike there for a few years now and I can tell you that even the right side of the back straight is now bumpy, we wrestle with our front wheel at 270 now and with a headwind it becomes even worse…

Not in the 299 club yet? ????

19 minutes ago, bleedToWin said:

Not in the 299 club yet? ????

Backstraight is too short for that kind of speeds on a 1000cc ????

Speaking of backstraights, tomorrow's wind should be interesting... Either block head or right-to-left crosswinds for the last 70km...

1 hour ago, bleedToWin said:

Speaking of backstraights, tomorrow's wind should be interesting... Either block head or right-to-left crosswinds for the last 70km...

so it will be crucial to make it into the break your team mates will thank you ????