Tour du Cap 2021

Sid the Sloth

I am surprised to see little mention of this on le Hub...

I am looking forward to racing this week, and the elite field looks fairly decent. 

Does anyone have GPX files for the stages? 

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fairly decent ???? From what I've heard CTCT $ bunch was cat 3 in comparison of Tour du Cap's Elite bunch ????

Good Luck and Have fun ! I think you have a good idea of what to expect for stage 3, and you'll kill it on the TT. 

4 minutes ago, DNC said:

No worries, you should see me trying to import them to my Wahoo....????

Open Whatsapp on your laptop browser, send it to someone then use the Wahoo/Garmin app on your phone.

It looks like this time we are doing Old Helshoogte and not the "new" Helshoogte. I am wondering if we should be expecting a last minute change or not.

4 minutes ago, Sid the Sloth said:

It looks like this time we are doing Old Helshoogte and not the "new" Helshoogte. I am wondering if we should be expecting a last minute change or not.

it was also planned to be the old helshoogte for the 100 miler. Much nicer but be carefull for punctures on that old road

6 minutes ago, Sid the Sloth said:

If that is from GPX file, then that's also wrong.
Race directory has the correct routes.

6 minutes ago, bleedToWin said:

If that is from GPX file, then that's also wrong.
Race directory has the correct routes.

Race directory route has old Helshoogte on the image of the route, and then the turn-by-turn seems to have "new" Helshoote.

43 minutes ago, Sid the Sloth said:

Race directory route has old Helshoogte on the image of the route, and then the turn-by-turn seems to have "new" Helshoote.

I would be surprised if you actually go up old Helshoogte. Maybe that was the initial intention until the organisers saw the state of the road before the Boland 100 Miler. Maybe looks great on the marketing blurbs but don't think that road is suitable for road racing anymore?