Transbaviaans 2022

DKS

On 8/19/2022 at 7:46 AM, Velouria said:

My Trans Baviaans 24HR MTB Race write up. It's less of a race report and more like a tale from The Hunger Games series. 

Good luck to everyone riding tomorrow. Stay safe, be smart, and believe it or not, you'll have fun!

https://www.velotales.com/2022/08/trans-baviaans-2022.html

Velouria: "I am now the only person to have finished all 18 Trans Baviaans events, and I think I am well qualified to say that this is definitely the toughest edition of this fantastic event yet." 

There you have it folks! 

Edited by peetwindhoek
Clarify not me that did it

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/17/2022 at 2:04 PM, babse said:

The thought of a probable drivetrain/full bearing and/or suspension service or even replacement will help me give it a miss.

+ 1 :thumbup:

8 hours ago, Velouria said:

My Trans Baviaans 24HR MTB Race write up. It's less of a race report and more like a tale from The Hunger Games series. 

Good luck to everyone riding tomorrow. Stay safe, be smart, and believe it or not, you'll have fun!

https://www.velotales.com/2022/08/trans-baviaans-2022.html

I couldn’t help but every time I read “Destination” in this race/ride report it was automatically in the way Ozzie Man Reviews would say it 🤣

1 hour ago, milky4130 said:

I couldn’t help but every time I read “Destination” in this race/ride report it was automatically in the way Ozzie Man Reviews would say it 🤣

That's exactly how it sounded in my head when I wrote it. Ozzy Man's Destination F'd was the inspiration, but I tried to find something that was family friendly. The 2022 TransBaviaans was a one way ticket to Destination F'd!

6 hours ago, peetwindhoek said:

"I am now the only person to have finished all 18 Trans Baviaans events, and I think I am well qualified to say that this is definitely the toughest edition of this fantastic event yet." 

There you have it folks! 

Mega Respect SIR

1 hour ago, Velouria said:

That's exactly how it sounded in my head when I wrote it. Ozzy Man's Destination F'd was the inspiration, but I tried to find something that was family friendly. The 2022 TransBaviaans was a one way ticket to Destination F'd!

Thanks for the race report Dane, as always very entertaining. I couldn’t be bothered to write a race report this time so I just posted a whole bunch of videos from the Instagram feed & event photos. I’m sure the viewers got the gist of it.

P.S. I didn’t see your ATP race report. 

12 hours ago, Velouria said:

Thanks for the article Vicus mentioned you in his speech. 

Edited by BottelaryHillBuddy

1 hour ago, milky4130 said:

Thanks for the race report Dane, as always very entertaining. I couldn’t be bothered to write a race report this time so I just posted a whole bunch of videos from the Instagram feed & event photos. I’m sure the viewers got the gist of it.

P.S. I didn’t see your ATP race report. 

I find it hard to write race reports for such short rides ;)

36 minutes ago, BottelaryHillBuddy said:

Thanks for the article Vicus mentioned you in his speech. 

Oh really? What did he say?

Well, didn't make it to the finish for a look today. Was too busy surfing in firing 8ft Supertubes! And now trying to thaw and recover for tomorrow.

Going from the experienced weather in the water, it seems the Repeat was exactly that: a repeat of last week. We had rain squalls move over in regular intervals all day, honking W winds and cool temps. Feel sorry for the riders and hope everybody stayed safe and as comfortable as possible to the finish.

14 hours ago, RobertWhitehead said:

My write up: I started got to the main road heading into the kloof and pulled the plug :whistling:. There's no way I would have finished if I listen to my partners and the amount of mud they encountered over the last 30km. It's these races that keep the LBS in business 😜

Nee man Robert ....  look what you missed out on ... 

Screenshot_20220821-133808_WhatsApp.jpg.9078ec9a67dc03276192f59941e8f7f0.jpg

1 minute ago, RobertWhitehead said:

And that was before CP1 😂

It did NOT get any better either ....

One of our suppliers completed the event.

She says they had to stop a couple of times to dig the mud out to get the wheels to turn again.

Couple of sections they had to carry the bikes.

She says the recent Round the Pot was a breeze by comparison...

2 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Snip

My partners finished and they said exactly the same, I can't see myself spending 16+ hours in cold and wet weather trying to make your wheels turn. Nah, I don't regret my decision 😜