Hip packs...

zaslayer

I like carrying whatever I may need for trail side repairs with me, along with some snacks and hydration.. I have a camelback rogue and it does what I need it to do.. however, I don't like how it makes my back sweat etc..

So the next best thing would be a hip pack.. I have not had much like with a variety available here though.. best i have come across, in terms of space, is an Osprey branded one from sportsmans warehouse..

If you have one, where did you buy it or where else can I look..?

Camelbak Repack also worth a look. Been using mine for almost two years now. Sometimes listed on Onedayonly for a discounted price, which is how I got mine

4 minutes ago, _David_ said:

The uswe zulo 6 looks like a decent size, this zulo 2 is small.. considering the price for the evoc, it's also on the small side..

Leatt has hip packs too, though none of the local places seem to carry it..

4 minutes ago, thebob said:

Camelbak Repack also worth a look. Been using mine for almost two years now. Sometimes listed on Onedayonly for a discounted price, which is how I got mine

Yeah, this seems a good option.. 

8 minutes ago, thebob said:

I've been using the Repack for just over a year now. Plenty of space. Great buy with the excellent  Camelbak bladder and valve. 

14 minutes ago, _David_ said:

Evoc is nice but just too big so sit comfortably. The bladder and valve is good but the magnet system they use to hold the hose is utter ****. Almost lost it twice now and causes the hose to come loose in rough terrain. 

1 hour ago, zaslayer said:

I like carrying whatever I may need for trail side repairs with me, along with some snacks and hydration.. I have a camelback rogue and it does what I need it to do.. however, I don't like how it makes my back sweat etc..

So the next best thing would be a hip pack.. I have not had much like with a variety available here though.. best i have come across, in terms of space, is an Osprey branded one from sportsmans warehouse..

If you don’t like how it makes your back sweat then I think you also won’t like how a hip pack will make your lower back sweat. 

1 hour ago, Fisan said:

Saw the heading.

Have nothing useful to add. 

But since it's mini-Friday, gonna leave this here.

Bst3dqeCcAAyKmQ.jpg

Can you smeeeeeeelllll

what the Rock is cooking?

12 minutes ago, M L said:

If you don’t like how it makes your back sweat then I think you also won’t like how a hip pack will make your lower back sweat. 

I have a smaller hip pack that I use when I take my commuter bike out and it's fine in terms of sweat, hence why I am looking for one for my mountain bike too..

also the constriction around your waist [read boep] probably isn't the most comfortable thing bouncing around...especially if laden with anything remotely heavy....perhaps a few snacks and some light accessories but when loaded with a liter of water definitely not comfy

Edited by guidodg

2 hours ago, zaslayer said:

you mean you're looking for a moonbag?

Have you tried fitting your leatherman to your baggies belt and a cell phone clip?

3 hours ago, zaslayer said:

The uswe zulo 6 looks like a decent size, this zulo 2 is small.. considering the price for the evoc, it's also on the small side..

When it comes to hip packs, smaller is better. Less bulk, less weight, less movement. 

6 hours ago, zaslayer said:

In 2006, during the second of 3 Cape Epics, my riding partner and I stopped to help two Spanish pro’s with our chain-breaker, since they were riding without one…

whilst chatting, we innocently asked them WHERE theirCamelbacks were, since the were ‘direguer’ at the time…

…they in turn asked us…”why are you wearing them?”…

QUICKLY followed with, in their poor English: Let the DONKEY (read: bicycle) carry the load, not the rider…

they went on to site low C.O.G., a cool back, no temptation to ‘fill space around the bladder’, and better movement on the bike…,

well, for that Epic and again in 2007, we never used a Camelback again, nor have since!
LET THE DONKEY CARRY THE WATER !!!
Chris