One day MTB events - 2022 ?

ChrisF

1 minute ago, Wayne pudding Mol said:

The mini fondo is one of the fastest 50 ish and fun rides you can do - mostly gravel 

I have done the Weltevreden road, down to the coffee shop.

That will be one fast route

Seems ebikes do the last option .... Prince Albert over Swartbergpass to Cobus se Gat .... then back.  That will be a hard ride .... nice.  I did that in September.... I know I need two batteries for that route ....

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, emme said:

Rooibos2Muisbos?

R2M was held in both 2020 and 2021 in November. Provisional date for this year is end of July. If a "wave" comes along again, it will probably move to later in the year again.

15 hours ago, Headshot said:

Not really, more people get injured more badly on marathon events and just riding around than at DH races. You're wearing protection and your mindset is different.

lol... all relative to your age. DH is fun but at my age it makes absolutely no sense.

On 1/18/2022 at 12:44 PM, Skubarra said:

Trans Augrabies is an event I digged, I would say its worth booking your accommodation and if for some reason the event is cancelled then still go through with your mtb and do your own rides in the park & surrounds. (I can't see us getting locked down to the extent again that we are not allowed to travel within SA)

THANK YOU, that was some sound advise, and much appreciated.

Turns out there are about 6 challets still available, as of last night.  Still ample camping spots.

EDIT ... 5 of those sold out in 24 hours 😳👍

For those wanting to register and book accommodation - use the Contact tab on the Trans Augrabies web page.  They have booked out Augrabies for the weekend !!  The only way to get accommodation is to book it via them.

Clearly MANY riders planning to get outside this year .... :thumbup:

Edited by ChrisF

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'll be riding this one on Sunday...

Wouldn't mind if someone could offer some advice for this.. in the linked thread 

Regards Matthew