To autosag, or not to autosag, that is the question

Stephan

Just curious, after setting the shock pressure, who just jumps on their bike and ride, and who does the whole autosag thing? Curious to hear for and against views. 

9 minutes ago, Marcv said:

to be honest i have never heard of autosag, please share.

It is a system on some Specialized bikes on the rear shock, pump the shock up basically to max psi, sit on the bike and press a button on the shock, and it basically sets your air pressure to the optimal pressure so you get the correct sag

use it don't use it , not the best way ( eyeballing it and on off with the shock pump best imo) but not the worst 

Your shock can perform perfectly normal without using it , its just an optional extra feature that some specialized bike shocks have

....no you can't remove it from the shock otherwise the chambers are exposed  

3 hours ago, Stephan said:

Just curious, after setting the shock pressure, who just jumps on their bike and ride, and who does the whole autosag thing? Curious to hear for and against views. 

I do the autosag setting, not every time tho. 
It’s quick n easy if you have good shock pump, my old shock pump it was a mission to pump it up to max pressure