Absa Cape Epic 2022

JohanDiv

1 hour ago, babse said:

Quite keen to hear that interview and get more info on the SCR team. 

I checked out their IG page and they look pretty legit with many sponsors. 

They have also been in red hot form in recent races and make mention of epic prep well in advance. 

Quite incredible that the Event media office didn’t consider them worthy of mention

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, OVERDRIVE said:

I have a very weak stomach. I cant do new foods, so if I went id have to go with someone who knows my diet, or its a 120k waste. I read about that last year too, where people get this stomach bug. Cant find that comment but apparently whatever it is sticks to your bottle so when you use it to drnk its curtains...

I'd even wash dishes in bottled water....

3 hours ago, Eldron said:

Agreed! How Gerald knows the minute details of every course, wine estate, bike park, area, hill, berm and turn is beyond me.

The only weak link on the team is Neil Gardiner (is that his name?) who doesn't really seem to have anything unique to offer. He is probably quite interesting to beginners or non cyclists but mostly he sprouts pretty vanilla stuff.

The combination of ebike cameras, motorbike cameras, helicopters and drones is phenomenal!

Neil Gardiner drags down the standard of commentary. He has zero personality and all he does is rehash what's been said into big words. Cant stand him. I suspect he has an ACE connection as hes always there....

Edited by love2fly

2 minutes ago, love2fly said:

I'd even wash dishes in bottled water....

You and I both. The thought of getting sick and battling 25km into the stage is already making me sick. Already too many things which can go wrong, flat tyres etc. Own chef is the only way. 

5 minutes ago, love2fly said:

Neil Gardiner drags down the standard of commentary. He has zero personality and all he does is rehash what's been said into big words. Cant stand him. I suspect he has an ACE connection as hes always there....

He works for the event

5 minutes ago, love2fly said:

Man that’s cold 

6 minutes ago, love2fly said:

image.gif.9e2f472291ac95f03e2282f56ecc7c35.gif

Getting back to Scott / Nino's team, why they chose Aspens is beyond me. How many punctures did they end up having, it destroyed there race. Wonder what tyres speed company rode? Would be interesting to see what the top 5 teams rode tyre wise actually.

34 minutes ago, OVERDRIVE said:

🤣🤣🤣

He said that the ACE had "spurned" many innovations/inventions over the years, referring to tubeless plugs in bar ends etc...think he meant quite the opposite - spawned....? First time he's managed to entertain me....

18 minutes ago, Spafsack said:

Getting back to Scott / Nino's team, why they chose Aspens is beyond me. How many punctures did they end up having, it destroyed there race. Wonder what tyres speed company rode? Would be interesting to see what the top 5 teams rode tyre wise actually.

Would love to have had a walk around to suss out the various tyres. At the finish it looked like SCR rode quite long travel bikes?

6 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

SUPER nice guys !!

Thanks for that. Did they not interview them at the finish? They have grown their supporter base by just a few....

7 minutes ago, love2fly said:

Thanks for that. Did they not interview them at the finish? They have grown their supporter base by just a few....

I watched until the ladies interview .... never saw SCR interview