[Event] Velddrif 222 Velddrif

SuzieK

5 minutes ago, WaldoZ said:

Can you self seed if you want to start in a slower group? #askingforafriend

Are you doing this road race on your mtb again?

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Sid the Sloth said:

Are you doing this road race on your mtb again?

If I can't get my road bike dismantled from my indoor trainer I might have to  👀

44 minutes ago, WaldoZ said:

Can you self seed if you want to start in a slower group? #askingforafriend

You okes did that on the tour du Cap and hurt the mamils who actually belong in that group (me)  badly. We need some kind of handicapping system if you're going to do this - like 5kg ankle weights on both legs or something like that.

12 minutes ago, Mamil said:

You okes did that on the tour du Cap and hurt the mamils who actually belong in that group (me)  badly. We need some kind of handicapping system if you're going to do this - like 5kg ankle weights on both legs or something like that.

This race is fairly flat though so it shouldn't make a difference lol

5 minutes ago, Denis Dell said:

We clearly have different definitions of "flat"

It is pretty flat though. 

222km with 1244m elevation?

This morning we did 55km ish with 700plus change on our normal(ish) loop. The climbs also don't exceed 5% really and even that is not for long. 

I'm definitely not talking the route down, I don't know if I even have 222km in my legs at the moment, but all in all it's about as 'flat' as open roads get. 

For the rubbish hackers like me it will be about finding some mates who can hack at a similar tempo and hide for a while before it's your turn to burn some on the front. Rinse and repeat for a number of hours and home Jerome!

1 hour ago, Sid the Sloth said:

This race is fairly flat though so it shouldn't make a difference lol

You probably will do 6W/kg up those "bumps".... do you know how many watts I need to do to match that?

More than all of it... that's how many... and I don't have that much.

8 minutes ago, WaldoZ said:

Lol. Reminds me of Dowsett commenting that he did the same Watts up the big mountains of the Giro Queen stage as the stage winner... There's just the slight matter of the 20kg weight difference... 😆

2 hours ago, WaldoZ said:

You probably will do 6W/kg up those "bumps".... do you know how many watts I need to do to match that?

Only 6? 😂

participants will receive an email tonight with their seeded group and starting time. 

some interesting info - - - the first starting group has 32 riders  , group 2 has 27 riders - these 2 groups consist of non-WP League riders taking into their performance on racetec. the next 3 groups were seeded according to the category they race in at WP Road League - cat 3 , 28 riders , cat 2 (group 4) 23 riders , and cat 1 (group 5) 23 riders. participants without WP League events but whose average speed in various PPA races and their PPA seeding qualified them for a 'wp category' were added to the categories. but we have tried to err on the side of caution and seeded them into the 'slower group'. there is a 30 minute time gap between each group. the race officials have been given the starting times and we have received no objections so lets wait for the email comms. 

23 minutes ago, City Cycling Athletic Club said:

participants will receive an email tonight with their seeded group and starting time. 

some interesting info - - - the first starting group has 32 riders  , group 2 has 27 riders - these 2 groups consist of non-WP League riders taking into their performance on racetec. the next 3 groups were seeded according to the category they race in at WP Road League - cat 3 , 28 riders , cat 2 (group 4) 23 riders , and cat 1 (group 5) 23 riders. participants without WP League events but whose average speed in various PPA races and their PPA seeding qualified them for a 'wp category' were added to the categories. but we have tried to err on the side of caution and seeded them into the 'slower group'. there is a 30 minute time gap between each group. the race officials have been given the starting times and we have received no objections so lets wait for the email comms. 

30 minutes between Cat 1 and Cat 2 on a flat race 🤯