[Event] Velddrif 222 Velddrif

SuzieK

This race has made me regret not being a Cape Townian for the first time :)

May the wind be favorable! No shame in winning with a better nutrition strategy (put on the backpacks and load up on the bananas) 

To all the mamils, make us proud! This is the race where you can show the mountain goats! Use your draft and weight wisely...

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

After your comprehensive wind/route/profile edit I'm expecting you pull us at 35km/h until at least half way

The only time I can do a 35km/h pull for any reasonable time is when I am being chased by a BMX or a MTB.  No matter how hard it is, a man must have some pride left at the end of the day...

8 minutes ago, Denis Dell said:

The only time I can do a 35km/h pull for any reasonable time is when I am being chased by a BMX or a MTB.  No matter how hard it is, a man must have some pride left at the end of the day...

Well in that case I will bring my BMX! You will ride a PB knowing there is a hairy hobbit on a BMX chasing you the whole way!

I shall not bring my BMX, I jest. I will be there on my sparkly purple ladies bike 

If you see a squat hairy hobbit on a purple bike looking like he doesn't belong on a road bike, say hi!

Edited by Jewbacca

33 minutes ago, WaldoZ said:

Sounds like seeding has been sorted and now apparently I can sleep in a bit more... which isn't a good thing as it is more time to have nightmares about being dropped.

for some it's a nightmare - for others its a recurring reality

10 minutes ago, WaldoZ said:

"The Race will take place under Racing Rules. Should any bunches merge, the secondary bunch will be neutralized until there is a definitive split in the groups. CSA Officials will be on hand to facilitate this." - just leaving this here...

https://www.wpcycling.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/V2V-Event-Guide.pdf

Copy paste oversight from "normal" race format I'm guessing.

@City Cycling Athletic Club Can we get more info about the feeding zones, specifically Redelinghuys.

1. Where does the zone start and end, i.e. where can our support crew set up? On the main R366 road, or the start of the Redelinghuys road (forcing riders to temporarily go slightly off route), or in Redelinghuys (forcing riders to detour 1.7km)?
  2. What is in the snack pack, and will this be pre-packed for grab and go?
  3. Can our supporters collect our packs and hand them over away from the main feeding area to ease congestion?

image.png.310b770b21342656b9869aff431637e1.png

1 hour ago, WaldoZ said:

"The Race will take place under Racing Rules. Should any bunches merge, the secondary bunch will be neutralized until there is a definitive split in the groups. CSA Officials will be on hand to facilitate this." - just leaving this here...

https://www.wpcycling.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/V2V-Event-Guide.pdf

I think the link is broken, and since I have no clue what this comment means, where can I find the rules etc?  It would really suck if I rode 10 hours on the bike, only to be disqualified in the last 5km because I had to get off my bike to push it over a speedbump.

20 minutes ago, Denis Dell said:

I think the link is broken, and since I have no clue what this comment means, where can I find the rules etc?  It would really suck if I rode 10 hours on the bike, only to be disqualified in the last 5km because I had to get off my bike to push it over a speedbump.

Looks like it was updated. Best to check this page for info: https://www.wpcycling.com/event/velddrif-2-velddrif/

I don't care what anyone says.... I'm putting my top tube bag on my emonda and my baby spuds and other solid food are going in there. Image be damned.

My extra hammer perpetuem is in my jersey pocket in a plastic and my gels are in the other pocket. All I need at the feeding station is water and I've been promised a koeksister by my support team. 

32 minutes ago, Mamil said:

I don't care what anyone says.... I'm putting my top tube bag on my emonda and my baby spuds and other solid food are going in there. Image be damned.

My extra hammer perpetuem is in my jersey pocket in a plastic and my gels are in the other pocket. All I need at the feeding station is water and I've been promised a koeksister by my support team. 

My support team (my wife and kids) promised they may be waiting at the finish line for me provided I don't take too long to get there... koeksister nogal ne?  Who do I have to bribe to get on to your team to share in koeksister glory?

1 hour ago, Mamil said:

I have no support team. I shall be shoving a couple of chicken breasts into my back pocket with some sweeties.

I think I have an old expired gel or two somewhere as well.

I'm not sure I understand the rules. But after seeing the 'first to cross the line and fastest time are both the winner' I plan on soloing to first place from the start gun so hopefully the merging of groups doesn't apply to me

1 hour ago, Jewbacca said:

after seeing the 'first to cross the line and fastest time are both the winner' I plan on soloing to first place

Honestly I'd be very surprised if Group 5 manages to catch everyone, so it'll likely be different winners.