[Event] Velddrif 222 Velddrif

SuzieK

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got the pink slip and go ahead for the Around the Pot 200, but this is proving to be more difficult. 

Hopefully I can find a solution before Friday

12 hours ago, City Cycling Athletic Club said:

100 riders have entered so far 

Let's hope for a surge of last minute entries.

Come one people! 

image.png.49b86df1e285113d3ad2689c3a13b678.png

15 hours ago, City Cycling Athletic Club said:

3 days before entries close.  the suggestion for a 7.00am start for the 'slowest bunch' has provisionally been agreed to, so its important to enter before entries close so the field can be 'seeded' ASAP.

as one of the "slow bunch" riders, this is great news

4 minutes ago, Denis Dell said:

as one of the "slow bunch" riders, this is great news

Speaking as 1% of the field - can we define "slow"

1 minute ago, Mamil said:

Speaking as 1% of the field - can we define "slow"

I would define slow as somebody that is checking how much sunlight is in the day and then contemplating taking a flashlight in case the finish line is missed in the middle of the night... 😉

Seriously though, I think the definition that is used for the slow bunch is below 25km/h?

I think I would like to start in a faster bunch and then, as is always the case, get dropped on the first serious hill and then form a group of stragglers looking to average 28-30kmph.

How many of the 100 souls brave and true might be looking for a similar bunch? (I'd call it a groupetto but that would imply I can sprint ... which I can't

3 minutes ago, Mamil said:

I think I would like to start in a faster bunch and then, as is always the case, get dropped on the first serious hill and then form a group of stragglers looking to average 28-30kmph.

How many of the 100 souls brave and true might be looking for a similar bunch? (I'd call it a groupetto but that would imply I can sprint ... which I can't

If I get the green light today or tomorrow I would be keen, but my seeding will be based on riding a BMX at Argus so will likely start in the slowest, earliest group.

My plan was to start with the slow group and then try to jump onto whatever cam past, then do what you said above. 

It might be fun

Just now, Jewbacca said:

If I get the green light today or tomorrow I would be keen, but my seeding will be based on riding a BMX at Argus so will likely start in the slowest, earliest group.

My plan was to start with the slow group and then try to jump onto whatever cam past, then do what you said above. 

It might be fun

Lining up the excuses before we line up - I'm 16 days post covid. No significant after effects mercifully but I've not ridden 100km since the 36one. Been following the protocol from the British Medical Journal blog posted in the thread to do with these matters and I'm good to go but I have definitely lost fitness.... so if you're on your BMX and beat me @Jewbacca.... this one doesn't count

15 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

It might be fun

yeah, that is exactly my train of thought too.  Keep getting dropped by faster groups, hang on to the next one for as long as I can, get dropped, rinse and repeat.

15 minutes ago, Mamil said:

Lining up the excuses before we line up - I'm 16 days post covid. No significant after effects mercifully but I've not ridden 100km since the 36one. Been following the protocol from the British Medical Journal blog posted in the thread to do with these matters and I'm good to go but I have definitely lost fitness.... so if you're on your BMX and beat me @Jewbacca.... this one doesn't count

I plan on taking my road bike so you're safe!