[Event] Velddrif 222 Velddrif

SuzieK

39 minutes ago, Sibulele said:

My biggest concern though is nutrition because I won't have the luxury of a support car.

Hopefully we'll get proper details of what to expect at the water points and then you can plan accordingly. Depending on how long you plan to ride you should do around 600g carbs. It's a lot to carry if you want to be self sufficient, but not that much. 

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what would an 'independent' expect at the watering point at 127 kms (Redelinghuys) to get them to the finish other than water? 1t water point is at 60 odd kms and the last at 30 kms to the finish. so the mid point one is the most important. 

The usual suspects of liquid sugars + some solid food.
Bananas.
Boiled potatoes.
Date balls.
Salty cracks.
Anything along those lines. You could even reach out to Racefood and maybe get some Farbars.

I'll be doing this on a hard tail MTB (with 2.4 tyres at 3bar). As someone that did all 6 Transkaroo rides of 240km this seems a little easier - but I do not plan to finish in the dark.

That said - it was 5 years ago. Not sure how this will pan out for me. 

12 hours ago, Rouxenator said:

I'll be doing this on a hard tail MTB (with 2.4 tyres at 3bar). As someone that did all 6 Transkaroo rides of 240km this seems a little easier - but I do not plan to finish in the dark.

That said - it was 5 years ago. Not sure how this will pan out for me. 

will those tires actually hold 3 bar? 😆

do we know how many people have entered yet?  And have the start times been confirmed (last I've seen it was just "indicative" start times.

I wonder of folks are holding off on entering to kep an eye on the weather. Long term forecasts are currently looking 👌

32 minutes ago, Sid the Sloth said:

I am looking forward to it. Should be fun. I wonder how the racing will play out.

Let's hope for civilised feed zones and pee breaks.
For everything else it's business as usual!

1 hour ago, Akon said:

Where two or more bicycles are gathered together, there shall be racing!

that is so true, I've been trying to get some long rides in on zwift, I will start the ride by telling myself, just hit a nice casual 200w max, but then you see those few pixels in front of you and before you know it you are cranking out the big watts.... few minutes later, you just go, oh crap.... I've only done 20km, and there is still 80km left... 

10 minutes ago, Denis Dell said:

that is so true, I've been trying to get some long rides in on zwift, I will start the ride by telling myself, just hit a nice casual 200w max, but then you see those few pixels in front of you and before you know it you are cranking out the big watts.... few minutes later, you just go, oh crap.... I've only done 20km, and there is still 80km left... 

Gameification of zone 2 rides seem like a bad idea to me. The system is designed to excite you. Load a workout on ERG mode and watch a movie or something...

Edited by bleedToWin