[Event] B-Well Around The Pot 2022

Events Bot

1 hour ago, MongooseMan said:

I'm doing the 100 miler on my Rook Scout (with some aerobars, because why not :) )

cop out? legends like you should have done the 200 lol

56 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

On the MTB in batch B for the 160(thanks to late entry)

same, but i'll be downgrading to 60 miler at registration for similar reasons to @Jewbacca, caught some sort of 'ebola' the first weekend masks were not needed anymore on a flight to jhb...and to boot a serious case of "aeroplane ear" on the way back due to said 'aids'. First time ever this has happened to me...never knew it could hurt that much...and being half deaf for a week was fun too.  Been struggling getting better ever since. Did a 80km the past weekend and didnt die (yet...still hurting haha), so think ill manage 100. Otherwise i might just try the 160 drunk so i forget the first half. 

🤷‍♂️

EDIt: that said...i have one eye on the weather too. I'm really not too keen for a day in the rain and mud at 10*C - you know..because bike parts are expensive 👀

Already have an AirBnb so will go and take my bike and if it rains i'll rather burn some trees and drink some wine instead haha

Edited by MORNE

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Noob question ....

Only "team entries" ?  No option to enter solo ?  (looking at 2023)

7 hours ago, Mamil said:

Who's riding what kind of bike for this? - been tempted to take my checkpoint but my Transbaviaans teammates have forbidden it - so it's my top fuel. 

Screenshot_20220719-200957_Gallery.jpg.b125c7cff56001540caf042d1426ffbe.jpg

30 minutes ago, JohanDiv said:

And she still doesn't want to divorce me! 🤫

Ha ha ha... I wonder if that will still be the case on Saturday evening!!!! 

Kudos to you both. If a woman is willing to be your stoker on a 100mioe gravel ride in the winter rain with 5km of singletrack at the end on that bike she's definitely a keeper.

9 hours ago, Mamil said:

Ha ha ha... I wonder if that will still be the case on Saturday evening!!!! 

Kudos to you both. If a woman is willing to be your stoker on a 100mioe gravel ride in the winter rain with 5km of singletrack at the end on that bike she's definitely a keeper.

Haha luckily only doing the 60miler.. and she's done the previous one in the rain on her own, so she knows what she's in for 😁.

The rain prediction is looking better.. 4mm of which 3.3mm is predicted to fall before 8am. Still gonna be muddy though

I'm just blown away that no one wats a last minute 200 miler entry...... for free!

With a wet midnight start, lonely muddy roads and 12 to 20 hours in the saddle it MAY seem too good to be true, but I've got news for you, there is no catch! 

I'm not angry, I'm just disappointed......

I have a nice carbon hardtail mtb, but I feel it is only fair to do this event on bokkie the graveltourer

ut82P5Wp47ifja62qnitLieV-bvXmMR1MtJq6c-ED-wp9PYO9V5kqa8VXfuhVZl9ykUuxiq6VUd1MatW3MqEb02OvWQIk7gtb6_qhxF9ygHti3hSQvNCqPYguW76GAMzAYXr1Rs9Bzov7FLsHk0SlX64dk79oLO9rEOBQ1mds2ltfyX9B1o3bulWNb5zeuDFV0n8eNfzx4scKrgyqTd0YLEQoPVWNwFYQO1Qy8Lzn83tprqXCub8OOrH3wNgZXIPNX2aOwyGq2TVi6-HRCZui0eMl7hjP4RmcKDT1nLvasYQlyG13ogYvQsKHeYwlo56BxBBBc1NrQ0-kKYHW59XbWXsgzHDwPwj1jAtPeLZCWWkkS9bm7wVFjevGwSiwnOvCff8vifto6o8d3D5VGe4dCdIlR-NdamF-181mQh3gJYa5W4OHx5FPKBmj1-H6ARF_X3A-mBNgD6cwvgjwHmz7wi-C34md_72UNZ7jl4_MKhrN4e00PM-z77FOOojeGrqweJIkieaRFNi_KTlmGjAnl-lK3JreIKdfyiNTbEpehbzOuLCHSq3Yo0us4dxMKA2bGDZPf1K9HrQJrN4GQgjxMZQtSejRIIr8Q3ZFbR89Dc0uhNSU0uavxNew9djNUGNlprGNLA5ej6NvZHhOfn-BEr1zdfpbTP0oD7gQXAD7gB7RKJZj_7cyPIq74f55F_05e010aObTpQ_QsSrZF1ir2WwwHctUIZYxBCXLKB26owrWtqgiB4Q6XBxk85bEoA=w1112-h625-no?authuser=0

tyres - 40 up front, 38 at the back. not changing them because I don't have anything bigger to put on.

1 hour ago, Jewbacca said:

I'm just blown away that no one wats a last minute 200 miler entry...... for free!

With a wet midnight start, lonely muddy roads and 12 to 20 hours in the saddle it MAY seem too good to be true, but I've got news for you, there is no catch! 

I'm not angry, I'm just disappointed......

there is a substitution fee, but apart from that..no catch.

i got a feeling this event is worth it just for the food. 

There might be a light drizzel in Swellendam itself ( It rains a lot more close to the mountain) at the start, but for most of the route I don't think it would be a issue. Some of the area where we are riding haven't even seen rain when Noag launched the Ark!! I do however hope I'm wrong, we do need the rain desperately! (Just not on this Saterday...)

Although this is my favourite even after K2C I won't be there this year because I'm old, did something only for younger knees and have badly injured both knees

The reason I started riding much more in 2015 and surfing much less and I forgot to follow the formula

Now I haven't been able to do either for a month so I'm fatter and miserable

But @Jewbacca even fit and strong I wouldn't have taken your 200 miler entry because its my knees that aren't working, not my brain.  Get well soon

15 minutes ago, Herschel said:

@Wayne pudding Mol - seeing that you not riding anymore I call dibbs on purchasing your remaining set of TrickStuff brakes 😁

my remaining 2 sets, one on my bike, one hanging up waiting for who knows what but you'll have to dig so deep in your pockets for that set - everythings for sale if it's not fixed to my bikes

Looks more and more like we are dodging most of the rain.. Prediction shows rain through the night, so will probably still leave us with muddy roads...much like 2019.

Wind direction looks pretty favorable!

EpicRideWeatherForecast.png.0d2a5705b26e38761a0f1cf50d584716.png

Temperature: 10.6°C to 17.3°C, feels like 10.6°C to 17.3°C
Wind: 6.1 to 15 km/h, with gusts up to 21.3 km/h
30% probability of 0.55 precipitation