Wattz Bib Shorts - Any reviews?

Dandre

Does anyone have any reviews on this product. Especially the ones with gel inserts in the padding. Not finding anything online. Looking for a bib for long distances 6hours plus. Might this fit the bill as a budget option?

SmartSelect_20220411-150049_Chrome.jpg

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't tried the WAttz bibs because they look and feel really cheap and the chamois does not inspire confidence in comfort either.

It doesn't answer your question, so excuse the unsolicited recommendation, but don't sleep on Monton.

https://www.montonsa.co.za/products/SKULL-Bib-shorts-Black-Men-p435755048

I chanced a pair about 2 years back and now alternate 4 sets and won't bother with anything else. Bought at Northcliff Cycles. Got to check fit and colours first and even got a little discount.

5 hours ago, RossTopher said:

It doesn't answer your question, so excuse the unsolicited recommendation, but don't sleep on Monton.

I chanced a pair about 2 years back and now alternate 4 sets and won't bother with anything else. Bought at Northcliff Cycles. Got to check fit and colours first and even got a little discount.

I Agree 100%, just bought another pair, compares to the best of best Italian shorts,

17 hours ago, Dandre said:

Does anyone have any reviews on this product. Especially the ones with gel inserts in the padding. Not finding anything online. Looking for a bib for long distances 6hours plus. Might this fit the bill as a budget option?

SmartSelect_20220411-150049_Chrome.jpg

I purchased one of these in 2019 at the Ciovita sale for R400 and used them for DC training 2019 -2021, It's still going good.. I'm around 100kg and the padding for me is good for 200km rides.

So much so that i bought 2 more at the Ciovita sale a couple months ago for R450 each.

All 3 is the same cut and feel, only difference between the 3 is the band color/Design.

9 hours ago, RossTopher said:

Just looked around their website. Safe to order? i am in CPT. The clothing seems nice but never heard of them so i am a little hesitant

18 minutes ago, Dandre said:

Thank you. This is good info. Does your pads have the gel inserts?

Yes

Top bib with Orange/Red font is 3 years old problably 40+ rides 10 in excess of 100km 2x 200km.

Blue and red stripe with White Font probably 5/6 rides

Maroon font 2 rides

2068EA43-647B-420C-81FA-71360BFAF34B.jpeg.1a91548f8a186a4aca80f2447f84930f.jpeg

I had a carbon saddle for some time so theres some chafing on the material of the 3 year old

AEBC31F5-FBA2-4C5B-B629-3F749917DFC1.jpeg.abc0d7418f59cba47221ccd354fba410.jpeg

one on the left is the 3yo, I use it for the IDT mostly. Sometimes around the area if I'm testing something on my bike or when bikes return from LBS.

6E29B3C6-05EE-47E4-B4B1-F19A2156C446.jpeg.d9e9c0caea23f5fb52795bb0969b29cb.jpeg

Edited by throttles
Captions

I think Ciovita makes the Wattz bibs exclusively for cyclelab/CWC.

to my knowledge only they stock them, and it's like R1500 each.

I bought these initially for the IDT and was impressed so used them on longer rides..

For R450 I cant fault them, might not look as nice ass others 😁, but very functional and durable.

1 hour ago, throttles said:

I think Ciovita makes the Wattz bibs exclusively for cyclelab/CWC.

to my knowledge only they stock them, and it's like R1500 each.

I bought these initially for the IDT and was impressed so used them on longer rides..

For R450 I cant fault them, might not look as nice ass others 😁, but very functional and durable.

glad you've had such positive use from them. that wasn't me experience. the chamois broke up and became very uncomfortable as a result :(

Think I bought mine from onedayonly in late 2020. I thought they'd be good for IDT.

4 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

glad you've had such positive use from them. that wasn't me experience. the chamois broke up and became very uncomfortable as a result :(

Think I bought mine from onedayonly in late 2020. I thought they'd be good for IDT.

Sorry to hear.. 

Perhaps contact Ciovita to see if they can resolve.