Squirt Cycling Products Introduce Easyfill Pouch for Squirt SEAL Tyre Sealant

News bot

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Eldron said:

The 120-millilitre flexible laminate packaging, which can be up-cycled into material for use in road surfaces, roof sheeting and construction deckingĀ 

Point taken, but I prefer reduce, reuse and then lastly if needs be recycle.

I think you will find that most products which are aimed at convenience find their way into waste and not recycle. I wish it were not the case. Just look at the gel packets as a case in point, I see few of them being recycled.

Just to make a point - I am big fan of the Squirt lube and the SA success story - its just a poor product in my view.

Just now, Steady Spin said:

Here is my question about that statement.Ā 

Who is actually going to recycle that? It isn't like South Africa has the biggest recycling culture.Ā 

It uses less plastic than the previous bottle and uses less fuel to transport. Win and win (albeit pretty small wins).

The "we don't recycle" argument is equally true of the old product (it will be recycled here in Denmark).

I'm not sure how people think this product is worse for the environment than the old one?

Ā 

Ā 

3 minutes ago, Steady Spin said:

Here is my question about that statement.Ā 

Who is actually going to recycle that? It isn't like South Africa has the biggest recycling culture.Ā 

All the same people you see carefully folding their gel wrappers for intentional recycling after their ride..........

2 minutes ago, tubed said:

Point taken, but I prefer reduce, reuse and then lastly if needs be recycle.

I think you will find that most products which are aimed at convenience find their way into waste and not recycle. I wish it were not the case. Just look at the gel packets as a case in point, I see few of them being recycled.

Just to make a point - I am big fan of the Squirt lube and the SA success story - its just a poor product in my view.

The product is a direct replacement. Intended for the exact same purpose but is slightly better for the environment. Win win in my book.

All the same people you see carefully folding their gel wrappers for intentional recycling after their ride..........

True but how do you know it actually gets recycled at some processing plant. How many people know that you need to clean your solid waste before recycling it?Ā 

Like I said, South Africa does not have a culture of recycling.Ā 

This is not a valid selling point for me on this product.Ā 

Just now, Eldron said:

The product is a direct replacement. Intended for the exact same purpose but is slightly better for the environment. Win win in my book.

We have the same intention - environmentally better products, so I say 'lets agree to disagree'.

Perhaps in Denmark they will recycle that wrapper, in SA a very high percentage will end up in wastefill.

Squirt will sell more product, improve operational efficiency and margin. Bottom line.

Ā 

2 minutes ago, Eldron said:

It uses less plastic than the previous bottle and uses less fuel to transport. Win and win (albeit pretty small wins).

The "we don't recycle" argument is equally true of the old product (it will be recycled here in Denmark).

I'm not sure how people think this product is worse for the environment than the old one?

Ā 

Ā 

I think the point is with some of the others the small bottle is reused so you do not dispose of it at all in the short term. The pouch cannot be re-used.

Muc-Off have pouches with concentrated cleaner. You buy the large bottle once and then instead of buying and disposing of the large bottle each time you refill it with a pouch and then dispose of the pouch.

I do think though that most people buy the small bottles and then afterwards chuck them in the bin. For these people the pouch makes perfect sense as a "greener" alternative.

2 minutes ago, Steady Spin said:

True but how do you know it actually gets recycled at some processing plant. How many people know that you need to clean your solid waste before recycling it?Ā 

Like I said, South Africa does not have a culture of recycling.Ā 

This is not a valid selling point for me on this product.Ā 

My apologies, I am 100% with you!, being sarcastic is not great first thing in the day.

Just now, tubed said:

We have the same intention - environmentally better products, so I say 'lets agree to disagree'.

Perhaps in Denmark they will recycle that wrapper, in SA a very high percentage will end up in wastefill.

Squirt will sell more product, improve operational efficiency and margin. Bottom line.

Ā 

On the plus side the packaging weights 33% less so there will be 33% less plastic in the landfill.

Ā 

Ā 

3 minutes ago, Rolf Hansen said:

I think the point is with some of the others the small bottle is reused so you do not dispose of it at all in the short term. The pouch cannot be re-used.

Muc-Off have pouches with concentrated cleaner. You buy the large bottle once and then instead of buying and disposing of the large bottle each time you refill it with a pouch and then dispose of the pouch.

I do think though that most people buy the small bottles and then afterwards chuck them in the bin. For these people the pouch makes perfect sense as a "greener" alternative.

Just refill the pouch like you do with the bottle?

1 minute ago, Eldron said:

On the plus side the packaging weights 33% less so there will be 33% less plastic in the landfill.

Ā 

Ā 

You in marketing? Not even I can stretch weight and volume to be equal.....

15 hours ago, love2fly said:

I happily use this. Did 2 wheels yesterday and did not spill one drop. Used my floor pump for one but the other, being an existing tubeless tyres1150505-WHITE-1-dG0.jpg.eea5fcf4d5fb56ed1eb47a51bc3a42eb.jpg velcroed together a bit and had to go to service station for air....

Just use this - its better and the applicator can be refilled many times and both work well. Also a local product. Winning all around.

You in marketing? Not even I can stretch weight and volume to be equal.....

Compared to Squirt Cycling Productsā€™ previous 150ml bottles, the packaging of the laminate pouches weighs 33% less, which further reduces transportation costs.Ā 

1 minute ago, Eldron said:

Compared to Squirt Cycling Productsā€™ previous 150ml bottles, the packaging of the laminate pouches weighs 33% less, which further reduces transportation costs.Ā 

Packaging weighs 33% less but they are supplying 20% less product than the previous packaging....

So it's far less than 33% overall weight loss.