Login now with email as username

SwissVan

3 hours ago, SwissVan said:

Ah yes I understand, makes your life simpler

Yes, after 17 years of using a short username without having to change the keyboard, I now have to type out a lengthy email address changing the keyboard options twice for the @

Thankfully I don’t have any numbers in my email and no longer need to login frequently 

You're kidding, right?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, jcza said:

Pls add MFA

We've considered it and do acknowledge the added security it brings but we're not convinced that a Bike Hub account warrants the added protection versus the complexity it adds for both us and the users. But always open to reconsidering if things change.

37 minutes ago, Grease_Monkey said:

You're kidding, right?

Nope

36 minutes ago, Nick said:

We've considered it and do acknowledge the added security it brings but we're not convinced that a Bike Hub account warrants the added protection versus the complexity it adds for both us and the users. But always open to reconsidering if things change.

Unfortunately due to my companies security protocols, I have to log in every time (pain in the arse).

Even if I accidently close Bike Hub and reopen in, have to then re-login.

1 minute ago, FondTF2 said:

Unfortunately due to my companies security protocols, I have to log in every time (pain in the arse).

Even if I accidently close Bike Hub and reopen in, have to then re-login.

Are you allowed to run LastPass on your browser?

3 hours ago, Nick said:

A few things that might ease the experience:

1. Save your email address to your keyboard's predictive text (I assume you're talking about mobile here?)
  2. If you regularly use the same browser, don't destroy your Bike Hub cookies. You'll only need to log in once a year.
  3. A password manager can autofill the fields for you (your browser probably offers something similar).

Thanks Nick

For work computers we use a pw manager (last pass) it definitely has its advantages.

For personal computers I prefer not to keep these details stored somewhere online or on my device and despite the single pw and encryption, out of my control.

Edited by SwissVan

28 minutes ago, SwissVan said:

Thanks Nick

For work computers we use a pw manager (last pass) it definitely has its advantages.

For personal computers I prefer not to keep these details stored somewhere online or on my device and despite the single pw and encryption, out of my control.

Maybe, in your case, link a 2nd email adress to your existing one that you can use for Bikehub and any Spam logins....

FYI, "VanSwiss" is available:

VanSwiss@gmail.com is Available for Registration 

20 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

Maybe, in your case, link a 2nd email adress to your existing one that you can use for Bikehub and any Spam logins....

FYI, "VanSwiss" is available:

VanSwiss@gmail.com is Available for Registration 

Wot… another gmail account…. No fanks 

5 hours ago, SwissVan said:

Ah yes I understand, makes your life simpler

Yes, after 17 years of using a short username without having to change the keyboard, I now have to type out a lengthy email address changing the keyboard options twice for the @

Thankfully I don’t have any numbers in my email and no longer need to login frequently 

Grow up.

15 minutes ago, Grease_Monkey said:

You realise that by just not starting this thread you could have saved yourself enough keystrokes for quite a few logins? 

Nah, just stay logged in