Western Cape enduro is back!

PhilipV

2 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

@MORNE  if you don't enter now after this banter you will be very conspicuous in your absence.....

@Hairy doesn't ride bikes anymore... he had a mid life crisis, bought a Harley and stopped exercising (based on a true story, not 100% factual)

As much as I would like to agree with you, I am struggling to clear time to ride the P-Bike for fun too ... at least I get to use her for work purposes :)

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, babse said:

why dragging me into this... haha I have actually been offered an entry.

Me and my 100mm XC rig is frothing to do it... NOT!

somebody had to :P

1 hour ago, PhilipV said:

Snip

Gees! I'll look out for you, to enquire about your well being or lack thereof. 

What squishy bike are you riding?

The steel one with a shock and a fork and some wheels?. Also the one that will only be used to 10% of its capabilities🤣

i might actually go better on my Wolverine now that i think about it….haha

1 hour ago, MORNE said:

The steel one with a shock and a fork and some wheels?. Also the one that will only be used to 10% of its capabilities🤣

i might actually go better on my Wolverine now that i think about it….haha

you should have just told him to be on the lookout for the guy riding a huge bloody farm gate on two wheels

2 hours ago, Hairy said:

you should have just told him to be on the lookout for the guy riding a huge bloody farm gate on two wheels

Its BIG but this time it doesnt look like a farm gate😊

2 hours ago, Hairy said:

Naah, mine isn't exactly dainty either.

Long bikes have feelings too..... 

7 minutes ago, esCape-ist said:

So is there an event recap out yet?

Might have to wait a couple of weeks for that.

2 minutes ago, Iwan Kemp said:

Who can a potential sponsor contact to get involved?

Check out their insta @wc_enduro - I saw some names mentioned there.

Finally got to do a proper recce of the Gnar on Saturday. We did a bit of on foot inspection of a couple of the pluming and thoroughly enjoyed piecing it together. Only to miss half of them when I eventually did come down. The top was a bit moist, and although conditions were prime, I lost the front and almost ate it in a berm. One forgets how many switchbacks there are between the drop at the top, and where the actual rocks begin.. Definately made me think of other front tires. 

The big surprise of the day was the DH track. Its my first time down that thing of beauty.. OH MY, how much fun?? I mean its kind of obvious as its a DH course, but how fast can one go on that thing!?? May very well be my new favorite trail in Jonkers. Then went up and did Iron Monkey. That trail beat me up a bit by then as We'd been out there for 4 hours. I was just surviving, although the trail, in general is also in good condition.. 

so we did 25km and 1150m climb.. all I can say is, Im a little nervous for the big day. Tracks are all so kiff though..

Im Excited!

1 hour ago, Bos said:

Finally got to do a proper recce of the Gnar on Saturday. We did a bit of on foot inspection of a couple of the pluming and thoroughly enjoyed piecing it together. Only to miss half of them when I eventually did come down. The top was a bit moist, and although conditions were prime, I lost the front and almost ate it in a berm. One forgets how many switchbacks there are between the drop at the top, and where the actual rocks begin.. Definately made me think of other front tires. 

The big surprise of the day was the DH track. Its my first time down that thing of beauty.. OH MY, how much fun?? I mean its kind of obvious as its a DH course, but how fast can one go on that thing!?? May very well be my new favorite trail in Jonkers. Then went up and did Iron Monkey. That trail beat me up a bit by then as We'd been out there for 4 hours. I was just surviving, although the trail, in general is also in good condition.. 

so we did 25km and 1150m climb.. all I can say is, Im a little nervous for the big day. Tracks are all so kiff though..

Im Excited!

Im convinced im probably going to walk down that plumber trail by the looks of it on youtube haha.

Probably wouldnt be the case if i got to do some recce runs myself…but at this stage i’m going in blind. Dont have the time to get that side. ill just take it easy , thats why im coming…so i can learn from you lot 😅

☠️

3 hours ago, MORNE said:

Im convinced im probably going to walk down that plumber trail by the looks of it on youtube haha.

Probably wouldnt be the case if i got to do some recce runs myself…but at this stage i’m going in blind. Dont have the time to get that side. ill just take it easy , thats why im coming…so i can learn from you lot 😅

☠️

Plumber is hard any day of the week, but I'm sure your new ride will make relatively light work of all those rocks. Most of plumber is easy enough to find a way through the rocks or see the general line. There is one section though, where you should just trust that there will be a trail on the other side of a pile of rocks. 

image.png.35e30038fab53af22cb909c708f62ee4.png

^^ right here (from the course preview). My nemesis.

Just channel your inner Chris Akrigg and all will be fine.

Edited by Rock Guy
typos and reference

Slight chance that the weather wont play along next weekend it seems. i absolutely dont need more variables that might = death.

also, im so over muddy bikes this year

🤣

Edited by MORNE