Western Cape enduro is back!

PhilipV

35 minutes ago, Hairy said:

stop being such a roadie, and just don't wear your white shoes.

Haha, touché.
But Ive not seen you saying anything about even considering to enter so…..

8E21CBB0-336A-40F3-920F-360AC245CBEF.gif

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, MORNE said:

Haha, touché.
But Ive not seen you saying anything about even considering to enter so…..

8E21CBB0-336A-40F3-920F-360AC245CBEF.gif

Haha, you have not seen me on my bike for a far too long a period of time either!

10 hours ago, MORNE said:

petition to move the event, really want to do it but it's going to wash out for sure at this rate. More entry fees down the toilet lol.

rain hitting  Thursday and friday so it's going to be a slopfest already, slight reprieve on saturday ...then more rain for sunday, monday, tuesday 

im over this 'weekend only rain' in the WC this year. where the F is spring?

😔

I feel your pain .... heading for September being my lowest monthly km for the year .....

Sit in office and watch the most fantastic weather .... Thursday it all goes to the shoots ....

8 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

I feel your pain .... heading for September being my lowest monthly km for the year .....

Sit in office and watch the most fantastic weather .... Thursday it all goes to the shoots ....

Meskien moet jy ook sommer kom ry. Daai giant van jou sal job😅

9 hours ago, PhilipV said:

It's only 6mm of rain on Thursday, and 4mm on Sunday morning. 

Not that much. 

Hold my beer…

and remeber im the king of “i told you so” on here when it comes to weather🤣

i hope im wrong though. Really keen, so keen im considering going there tomorrow for the last sunshine day this week.

Edited by MORNE

44 minutes ago, MORNE said:

Meskien moet jy ook sommer kom ry. Daai giant van jou sal job😅

Daai Blou Trein KAN ....

Maar aai, die drywer ... 😬🙈

Edited by ChrisF

44 minutes ago, MORNE said:

Hold my beer…

i hope im wrong though. Really keen, so keen im considering going there tomorrow for the last sunshine day this week.

Hold out till Thursday, planning on going myself 

45 minutes ago, MORNE said:

Hold my beer…

So Jonkers is my go to when it is raining / has rained. It drains extremely well, and takes alot more than 6mm to make the trails sloppy. Will be slippery, but will be fine…

Last year we were not allowed to wear chest mounted go pros and only have helmet mounts, does anyone know if that is still the case?

4 minutes ago, herrowpreeze said:

Last year we were not allowed to wear chest mounted go pros and only have helmet mounts, does anyone know if that is still the case?

Why would you insist on filming my gross incompetence? Not cool man🤣

12 hours ago, Grease_Monkey said:

So Jonkers is my go to when it is raining / has rained. It drains extremely well, and takes alot more than 6mm to make the trails sloppy. Will be slippery, but will be fine…

Agreed. Jonkers drains very well and you can ride most trails fairly confidently if it rains. Race day wet weather is not quite the same though and it will most certainly be more "interesting".

I took part in an enduro a few years ago in Jonkers where it had rained quite a lot the day/night before the race and it was doable, slow and muddy, but doable. Stages were only Armegeddon, Iron monkey, Red phoenix (?) and Firehut (perhaps something else too, but certainly not Plumber), so the stakes weren't quite as high.

If it does rain on Sunday, and you are still going to race, I can advise you to take a few extra sets of brake pads along. Maybe even make sure you have metal sintered pads in already (but still take extra sets). 

1 minute ago, Rock Guy said:

Agreed. Jonkers drains very well and you can ride most trails fairly confidently if it rains. Race day wet weather is not quite the same though and it will most certainly be more "interesting".

I took part in an enduro a few years ago in Jonkers where it had rained quite a lot the day/night before the race and it was doable, slow and muddy, but doable. Stages were only Armegeddon, Iron monkey, Red phoenix (?) and Firehut (perhaps something else too, but certainly not Plumber), so the stakes weren't quite as high.

If it does rain on Sunday, and you are still going to race, I can advise you to take a few extra sets of brake pads along. Maybe even make sure you have metal sintered pads in already (but still take extra sets). 

ill make a call based on how much it rains tomorrow and then how it looks on Sunday morning, but the models of that weather system does not look very inspiring to say the least.  Today and Saturday is clear but not sure we would be allowed to ride then anyway? Im not riding in the mud though. I've done enough of those for 2022. Over it and the money that it costs in maintenance is more than a 450 entry fee.

17 minutes ago, MORNE said:

Why would you insist on filming my gross incompetence? Not cool man🤣

Why do you think I wouldn't be filming my incompetence too? 🤪 

2 minutes ago, MORNE said:

ill make a call based on how much it rains tomorrow and then how it looks on Sunday morning, but the models of that weather system does not look very inspiring to say the least.  Today and Saturday is clear but not sure we would be allowed to ride then anyway? Im not riding in the mud though. I've done enough of those for 2022. Over it and the money that it costs in maintenance is more than a 450 entry fee.

Just looking YR now, I wouldn't be stressed just yet. May just turn out to be the perfect day for riding in Jonkers.

2 minutes ago, Rock Guy said:

Just looking YR now, I wouldn't be stressed just yet. May just turn out to be the perfect day for riding in Jonkers.

This needs to hit a day later for that to be true at this stage unfortunately. We need the saturday window to move over to sunday.

stupid weather.jpg