[Event] Macsteel National Classic cycle race

Frosty

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, s14phoenix said:

just gonna wing it tomorrow and hope I can stick with some sort of bunch and not have to solo it. Good luck everyone - this one is going to be interesting with the open unseeded bowl of alphabet soup. 🙈

AL: Race snakes >36km/h average

BL: >32km/ average

CL: 28-32km/h average

DL: <28km/h average

Pick your group and join in. Hopefully the egos stay at home and everyone enjoys riding together.

Glad to hear it went so well from an organisers point of view.

Good morning out to get back into racing (my 2nd race since 2019 947). Really hard work in that wind, especially the gutter sections. I don't weigh enough for this type of race - bring on the hills!

Besides some marshalls causing confusion and sending riders the wrong way, it was a very well run and organised event - thanks @Frosty and team

16 minutes ago, Schnavel said:

Besides some marshalls causing confusion and sending riders the wrong way, it was a very well run and organised event - thanks @Frosty and team

Where did this happen? Which group were you in? 
I’d like to get feedback from the Sector Controller.

28 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Where did this happen? Which group were you in? 
I’d like to get feedback from the Sector Controller.

I was in VA, on the 108km route. 

The 1st time was the extra 6km loop, the marshal sent riders in both directions and then around 15km later, there was a rise with a left turn on it and some riders were sent left instead of straight.

4 minutes ago, Schnavel said:

I was in VA, on the 108km route. 

The 1st time was the extra 6km loop, the marshal sent riders in both directions and then around 15km later, there was a rise with a left turn on it and some riders were sent left instead of straight.

We’re you part of a team?
Were you in a group, or on your own?

I have a few (personal opinions) about the way the VA/VB groups were handled. Not prepared to share it here as it’s a conflict of interest. If you want an offline explanation, I’m happy to share.

Although I suffered yesterday, race was a success. I did a 02h55m which is slow for me but it was good to get a race under the belt as I don’t get time to race much anymore. 
pink road markings for unrepairable surface helped a lot and the fresh tar over the rest is very much appreciated. 
well done and thank you to the organisers. 

My first time doing this race and really loved it. Happy with my ride. I was warned that the head wind would hurt and it did until I got back into a bunch. Really lekker fast finish after the Walkerville hill. Learnt a lot about bunch riding.

11 minutes ago, Long Wheel Base said:

Although I suffered yesterday, race was a success. I did a 02h55m which is slow for me but it was good to get a race under the belt as I don’t get time to race much anymore. 
pink road markings for unrepairable surface helped a lot and the fresh tar over the rest is very much appreciated. 
well done and thank you to the organisers. 

nice to see you log a ride on an actual road for a change, I was starting to think you had moved to the land down under

5 minutes ago, The Ouzo said:

nice to see you log a ride on an actual road for a change, I was starting to think you had moved to the land down under

LOL, you have no idea how many people have sent me messages asking if I have left the country. I try ride in as many different countries as I can but the app I use has quite a lot down under and they also had a challenge last month during world champs that included "local" rides so did a few of those as well.

I did one in Las Vegas a few months back and a buddy sent me a message asking if I had moved and he was going there on holiday soon and we should do a ride together.