9.19kg Scott Spark RC

esCape-ist

I have actually chatted to Gustav and he seems like a really cool guy with a very bold style. When you see a guy wearing those shorts, it should come as no surprise that he builds bold bikes. I think what he does is awesome and the attention to detail that goes into them is absolutely next level; I challenge anyone to show me a custom bike build like one of his. I wouldn't ride this bike, but I certainly would ride all of the others.

To each their own, and that's what makes the sport so rad!

My only issue with the bike is the downward dog stem - my back would never handle that, otherwise it's rad!

Wouldn't actually have minded a brighter pink, and more of it. As many have said, his style of bike is as bold as his looks, and most of us envy his pair of legs.

Reading the article it seems he opted for prototype parts in various bits, while lighter bits are available.

Radical for the sake of radical ?  OR, a show piece of new trick parts ?

Have to wonder where the scale would have stopped if he opted for thee lightest of each ....

Optically .... not my cup of tea

Technically .... yet another master piece from his workshop.

On 8/12/2022 at 8:43 AM, DJuice said:

Could not sleep last night, at 3am was reading and looking at pics of the bike on Pinkbike.

If my lotto numbers come in, definitely going to make contact with Dangerholm for a custom build. 

When they come in do it yourself 

I’m bored of his always Scott builds 

I do like the cranks though 

18 hours ago, MTBRIDER1234 said:

I have actually chatted to Gustav and he seems like a really cool guy with a very bold style. When you see a guy wearing those shorts, it should come as no surprise that he builds bold bikes. I think what he does is awesome and the attention to detail that goes into them is absolutely next level; I challenge anyone to show me a custom bike build like one of his. I wouldn't ride this bike, but I certainly would ride all of the others.

To each their own, and that's what makes the sport so rad!

Challenge accepted - here you go, 2 years ago 9.59 kgs, usuable daily, wheels full of sealant, durable tyres and a saddle that won’t make you bleed. Includes co2 and stashed tools 

064F5E3C-F2FC-4EC4-BB0A-6054425B9D83.jpeg

20564BAA-AE8B-48CE-8E63-FA865F01AA05.jpeg

2F71ECFC-BECE-49DD-AAB5-68A1BACA4D1A.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Wayne pudding Mol said:

Challenge accepted - here you go, 2 years ago 9.59 kgs, usuable daily, wheels full of sealant, durable tyres and a saddle that won’t make you bleed. Includes co2 and stashed tools 

Awesome build. Well done. That saddle might not make you bleed, and you can use it daily.... But that seatpost height combined with the slammed front end, would make me weary of ever pointing it downhill....

We all saw how the ass up head down set up worked for Nino this past weekend

1 hour ago, Wayne pudding Mol said:

When they come in do it yourself 

I’m bored of his always Scott builds 

I do like the cranks though 

Wayne, would love to.

My wrenching skill beyond hopeless, will probably brake 2 and on the third try get someone to do.

Busy glueing the boys plane back together, pappa hy gaan nie weer vlieg nie.

Not a Scott fan…three bike brands come to mind:

https://www.arc8bicycles.com/shop/explore/mtb/evolve-fs

https://www.unno.com/dash/

4 hours ago, Wayne pudding Mol said:

That is an insane dream build for sure, but I was referring more to his other builds like the 13 kilo dh bike, the 7 kilo spark and the 6 kilo scale.

What you have is a beauty for sure and that is exactly what I would want if I was building an xc bike. Great job Wayne!