• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

42 minutes ago, Bub Marley said:

Can we still enter for this thing?

Late entries at pre registration yes.

·         Thursday, 3 November 2022: 12h00 – 18h00: Sportsmans Warehouse, Rondebosch.

·         Friday, 4 November 2022: 12h00 – 18h00: Sportsmans Warehouse, Tygervalley.

1 hour ago, bleedToWin said:

As expected. Neutral service with water would really have been nice...

ask some friends with Team cars to take a water bottle or 2 I'm sure they will not mind.

5 minutes ago, cadenceblur said:

one would swear there are no water points?

#racingsnakes

Yeah. Tough life... If you need to stop your race is ruined at which point you might as well not have entered. 🙄

Opted for the 109km – starting in C.

I did the "long" route in 2010 – it wasn't too bad, I seem to recall filling up with water at (one of) the last water points at the top of a climb towards the end.

Other than that, I didn't do anything different.

#notAracingSnake

42 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Well when you’re in the first 4 start groups there aren’t any

And if you are not in the first 3 or 4 groups that waterpoint at the bottom of Bothmaskloof is the perfect place to cause chaos & disharmony in your group by attacking when the rest stops for water 😝

Edited by Skubarra

4 minutes ago, Sid the Sloth said:

Have to make it over hels with the climbers for our bottles 😜

Cool I'll cash in all my chips and hit hels with no bottles at all then to save weight

24 minutes ago, Skubarra said:

And if you are not in the first 3 or 4 groups that waterpoint at the bottom of Bothmaskloof is the perfect place to cause chaos & disharmony in your group by attacking when the rest stops for water 😝

I am in group 4 but not good enough to race this event - especially since it's first - there will therefore be stops - albeit potentially quick ones.

30 minutes ago, Jbr said:

Cool I'll cash in all my chips and hit hels with no bottles at all then to save weight

Remember to have your aero bike ready and waiting for you at the top of Hels for your warp speed descent!

PPA's position on whether someone could be placed in the backseat of the commissaire's car to hand out bottles to solo riders / teams without support cars in the A-group:

"Unfortunately, we do not offer this service as there is sufficient water points on route. The 170 km will have 7 water points."

What a joke.

Edited by bleedToWin