[Event] Cape Town Cycle Tour 2023

FootballingCyclist

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, FootballingCyclist said:

Guys now that I have a seeding secured. I need a few of the qu's below answered please.

1. What's the weather forecast, Moreso the wind?

2. Will we get goodie bags?

3. Do we need a vax certificate?

4. Can I borrow a road E-Bike because the tannies at the start chutes can't tell an E-Bike from a Checkers60 Motorbike(I don't blame them though they are just volunteers?!

1 month away, but latest forcast

B771DCAF-E580-407C-9406-79F294B1116C.png

4 minutes ago, FootballingCyclist said:

Guys now that I have a seeding secured. I need a few of the qu's below answered please.

1. What's the weather forecast, Moreso the wind?

2. Will we get goodie bags?

3. Do we need a vax certificate?

4. Can I borrow a road E-Bike because the tannies at the start chutes can't tell an E-Bike from a Checkers60 Motorbike(I don't blame them though they are just volunteers?!

Excellent!

Edited by DieselnDust

As Chris mentioned, I'm the unlucky one who has to sell my entry. Fell from a ladder at work a week and a half ago and there's no way I'll be raceready.

Anyone looking for an entry, feel free to DM me.  

Unless there is going to be a crutch race at the expo...😱

10 minutes ago, Scary Rider said:

As Chris mentioned, I'm the unlucky one who has to sell my entry. Fell from a ladder at work a week and a half ago and there's no way I'll be raceready.

I have a mate who is looking...

Just now, Jewbacca said:

I have a mate who is looking...

Maybe we can arranfe something? I was all fired up and training went well, until my little mishap. 

Wait, looking for the race entry, or the expo crutches race event?😉

Does anybody have a medium sized road bike that will be sitting in a garage in Cape Town on Sunday 12th March?

My daughter will be visiting from the UK and she has entered the World Fun Ride Championship (CTCT). She is looking to hire or borrow a road bike for the event. Details in the add linked below.

https://bikehub.co.za/classifieds/item/road-bikes/620719/wanted-to-hireborrow-road-bike-for-the-ctct/?utm_source=email_notification&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=advert_created

Please PM me if you can help. Thanks!

2 hours ago, Scary Rider said:

Sorry to hear about your accident but glad it’s not more serious though. 
will point any potential takers your way via dm

2 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Sorry to hear about your accident but glad it’s not more serious though. 
will point any potential takers your way via dm

Thanks, Diesel. A friend of Jewbacca's interested so far. For the race entry, that is. The crutches race option it looks like I'm on my own still...🙊

I rode K2C last year. 

What influence if any would that time have on seeding for the Argus seeing that it was a MTB race?

Just paid for my international entry . 2 road rides in the last 5 months,it’s all good fun.  At least there’s a stunning view and no grey sky. I’ll take it gratefully. 

Will count myself lucky that I am able to get here to ride , and get just under a month of road riding in , hopefully  . 2 hr time difference works massively in my favour 👌

Now to arrange everything thing else 😎 like the short drive there etc. Anybody know of accommodation close by still available. 

Roll on CTCT, super stoked 😁

1 hour ago, Pikey said:

Just paid for my international entry . 2 road rides in the last 5 months,it’s all good fun.  At least there’s a stunning view and no grey sky. I’ll take it gratefully. 

Will count myself lucky that I am able to get here to ride , and get just under a month of road riding in , hopefully  . 2 hr time difference works massively in my favour 👌

Now to arrange everything thing else 😎 like the short drive there etc. Anybody know of accommodation close by still available. 

Roll on CTCT, super stoked 😁

We staying here. In terms of being close by, its one of the closest and easily access able on race day. They still had space when I booked but that was about 3 weeks ago.