Tour de France 2024

'Dale

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Strange stage, I see Pog basically caused a crash trying to save himself as he rejoins, only to switch the MovieStar rider and boom we have rider’s down.

Cav did well ( a few bangs and head hurts) but what happened to all the sprinters today?…🤔 also do see his rear derailleur…? something very strange as he gets off the gas. That chain was reacting to something up front. I’d love to see closer footage.

Now everyone thinks he will go home…👀 I reckon he wants to try another one but is his team up for it?

2 hours ago, Rudi33 said:

Cavs chain was off 😆 

This vid says broken, but it wasn't

Yeah he still was pedalling the bike till he got to the van. It’s just strange he quickly put it down and not lean it on the van… we never saw it again…🤔

43 minutes ago, betaboy said:

Strange stage, I see Pog basically caused a crash trying to save himself as he rejoins, only to switch the MovieStar rider and boom we have rider’s down.

I would prefer to say the Peloton didn’t give sufficient warning, to each other, of the road furniture leaving guys in the middle (somewhat unsighted) and choosing a side to ride passed.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C89vSf4oxJV/?igsh=MWZrbWZrN2V0OHFvaQ%3D%3D

22 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

Pidcock GC ambitions died a horrible death today. Over 12min down already.

Vinegar showed signs of laboured pedalling. As his pedalling cadence slowed the Pog attacked . Took 12 second out of Vinegar in 1000m and a further 33 on the descent. The Dane needed help to get to the line and then got dropped by Evenpools and the Rock in the last 200m. All the fighting talk in the world can’t hide the fact he’s not where he needs to be. Fourteen days se voet. Hinault was right. 
Brembo looks most likely to challenge

the Rocklic is riding a smart race so far. Didn’t appear to panic when he dropped , just ride his tempo and caught back up on the descent and did so without crashing. I was suitably impressed. If anyone is riding themselves in, it’s the Rog.

And here I was thinking Tom was the beginning and the end, light and day. Human after all. 

9 hours ago, Mountain Bru said:

I think you'll eat these words before the end of the tour....

Jonas was 10 or 12s behind at the summit, and then lost time to the heavier rider on a technical descent that required sprinting out of hairpins over and over, which favours Pogi. Yesterday's stage was so reminiscent of last year's stage 6 where Pogi took 24s on a punchy climb to a summit finish, and we all know how that turned out in the end.

The tour is 100% in the balance in my opinion, and the margins are tiny. Jonas closed the gap to 6s at some point on the descent yesterday. If he was literally 3 or 4s closer, I reckon he gets into Pogi's draft and sits on his wheel all the way to the line. But Pogi took massive risks to stay away. One or 2 mistakes on a hairpin and Jonas would have caught him - instead Jonas loses 37s (without bonuses).

But the race of truth on Friday will reveal all...

(Not that it matters, or anyone cares) I dont like Jonas. And missed drug tests to me means you're a write off.

If I die for this comment, so be it 

Meme Of The Day] Knife Cat : r/KnowYourMeme

Edited by OVERDRIVE

4 hours ago, J Wakefield said:

Vinegaard made up time on the technical and lost on the flat to Tadej.

Thanks, now that is interesting 

4 hours ago, splat said:

This vid says broken, but it wasn't

It's when he goes from mashing big watts at high cadence to immediately freewheeling. The cassette basically keeps spinning and "pushes" the chain off the front chaingring causing it to drop. I'm fairly certain I've seen this before in multiple other sprints.