Tour de France 2024

'Dale

4 minutes ago, lechatnoir said:

My man, Victor Campanaerts!

Chris Horner is very marmite-y, but knows his stuff and I'm enjoying his insights and hand-waving.

Is Horner still a recognised pundit?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Is Horner still a recognised pundit?

Punditry is in the ear of the beholder I guess. Cycling Dane, Lanterne Rouge, and Horner all give different perspectives to me and I feel they are of more value than the random hot takes from Discovery+ talking heads, McEwan and Kelly excepted.

LR ‘a side kick got his head kicked in by JB the other day. Benjj laughed at Sean Kelly’s view of VLB tactics to Plateau de Beille. JB told him to get a palmares before critiquing SK. Horner provides some interesting insights but I feel like sometimes he just throws click bait on the table.

39 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

LR ‘a side kick got his head kicked in by JB the other day. Benjj laughed at Sean Kelly’s view of VLB tactics to Plateau de Beille. JB told him to get a palmares before critiquing SK. Horner provides some interesting insights but I feel like sometimes he just throws click bait on the table.

Horner's dissemination of team tactics throughout each stage is informative and sometimes intriguing, but he often goes off on a tangent with cyclebabble than I can't figure out.

Still very entertaining to watch his daily highlight package 🤙

Visma LAB throwing one last hail-mary?

Jorgenson, Kelderman and Laporte into the breakaway at the start.... 35s lead currently

6 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

*inhales deeply from crack pipe*

UAE don't care about satellite riders, they are going to let the gap grow and before they realise it, GC Jorgenson is born. He and Jonas tag team Pogi tomorrow, crush the TT and Visma gets 1-2 GC 

10 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

Jorgenson, Kelderman and Laporte into the breakaway at the start.... 35s lead currently

It's a curious endeavour. If Pog is able to sit on Jonas' wheel it looks like VLAB are getting some nice screen time for their sponsors up  front

16 minutes ago, Vetplant said:

Clearly Jonny is go to drop the yellow jersey like a bad habit , bridge across to his team mates and have them pace him all the way to within 1km of the line then gloriously take the stage….

2 hours ago, 'Dale said:

Are you able to leave work early, get to a TV screen and make yourself a deep brew of coffee with  a box of Ouma's Rusks.

And DSTV decides to not show todays stage on SS Maximo which is the channel I've been watching on at work as we dont have the variety channel.

going to need to make a plan

2 minutes ago, peepeekaitjie said:

what tiz a man to do? 

everything is blocked here, might have to hijack the boss' private wifi

Controversial opinion but I wonder if Jonas would try to attack on one of the long descents and bridge across to Jorgenson. You just can't see him putting time into Pogacar on a climb and he's technically a very good descender. Unlikely but might be his only card left to play.

6 minutes ago, NickGM said:

Controversial opinion but I wonder if Jonas would try to attack on one of the long descents and bridge across to Jorgenson. You just can't see him putting time into Pogacar on a climb and he's technically a very good descender. Unlikely but might be his only card left to play.

If memory serves, he lost time / ground on Pogacar on a descent earlier in the race? 

Or would the situation call for a more risky approach from him?