'Dale

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, bleedToWin said:

No, you have time to fix it.

sounds like a good reason to ride a 5kg bike up the Mont Blanc stage and then say sorry and fix it - maybe they thought of that already

image.png.76fdb37494d6fac4e1e3ca4433e3d25c.png

Sagan is retiring end of season. 12th TdF, but a while since he won anything, people don't even seem to talk about it anymore. Won Green 7 times, only broken by that DSQ when he bumped Cav. He's not even in the top30 in green classification. Will he go out with a whimper or a bang?

36 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

image.png.76fdb37494d6fac4e1e3ca4433e3d25c.png

Sagan is retiring end of season. 12th TdF, but a while since he won anything, people don't even seem to talk about it anymore. Won Green 7 times, only broken by that DSQ when he bumped Cav. He's not even in the top30 in green classification. Will he go out with a whimper or a bang?

Looks like a whimper. He’s not gonna win a sprint so he’ll need to get into a break and so far no sign of that. In fairness though, I don’t think there’s actually been a stage that suited him for a break. It’s a pretty brutal route this year.

In saying that though, I just looked at todays stage and it seems a perfect one for him if he can get into a break.

46 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

sounds like a good reason to ride a 5kg bike up the Mont Blanc stage and then say sorry and fix it - maybe they thought of that already

Your bike gets weighed and checked before you start sign-on procedure. If it's underweight you get sent away, but can just come back (given you went to sign on with time to spare). After the stage comms will do bike checks at will, but if you fail this test it's a DQ. 

3 minutes ago, bleedToWin said:

Your bike gets weighed and checked before you start sign-on procedure. If it's underweight you get sent away, but can just come back (given you went to sign on with time to spare). After the stage comms will do bike checks at will, but if you fail this test it's a DQ. 

wow, they really weigh the bikes everyday?

5 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

wow, they really weigh the bikes everyday?

I'm not sure if it's done every day. What my comment was intending to answer is the question if underweight leads to DQ and just wanted to point out that most weighing happens before the stage and then you have time to fix it. I've seen it happen in the local scene, although not with my size Large aero bike! Most recently at Tour du Cap stage 2 hill climb TT where a master came with a stripped down climbing bike a la UK hill climbs, and had to put heavier wheels (I think borrowed on the day) in order to get above the weight limit.

1 hour ago, Eddy Gordo said:

would be very interesting to see the distribution that gets to those averages. I'm sure there are quite a few outliers that bring the average weight up.

What's the difference between a 6.8 and a 7.0 bike? about 3%

What's the difference when you put a 60kg rider and the total package?~ 0.3% marginal gains territory, and makes even less difference on flat stages

I found todays sprint to be great to watch. Brilliant sprint by Philipsen ,quite surprised by Sagan. 

Could anyone fill me in on where Mvdp was though? I couldn’t spot him

51 minutes ago, Scott roy said:

I found todays sprint to be great to watch. Brilliant sprint by Philipsen ,quite surprised by Sagan. 

Could anyone fill me in on where Mvdp was though? I couldn’t spot him

Wasnt in the sprint, been feeling ill for the last day or so

https://cyclinguptodate.com/cycling/this-was-his-worst-day-of-this-tour-concerns-for-mathieu-van-der-poel-after-stage-11-although-alpecin-deceuninck-confident-he-will-still-get-through

7 hours ago, Shebeen said:

would be very interesting to see the distribution that gets to those averages. I'm sure there are quite a few outliers that bring the average weight up.

What's the difference between a 6.8 and a 7.0 bike? about 3%

What's the difference when you put a 60kg rider and the total package?~ 0.3% marginal gains territory, and makes even less difference on flat stages

I've heard the commentators mention it more than once that certain riders weigh each and every gram they eat etc....that 3% over all the climbs and km of the tdf adds up.

9 hours ago, bleedToWin said:

They weigh bikes at sign in during the Tour? 

8 hours ago, bleedToWin said:

I'm not sure if it's done every day. What my comment was intending to answer is the question if underweight leads to DQ and just wanted to point out that most weighing happens before the stage and then you have time to fix it. I've seen it happen in the local scene, although not with my size Large aero bike! Most recently at Tour du Cap stage 2 hill climb TT where a master came with a stripped down climbing bike a la UK hill climbs, and had to put heavier wheels (I think borrowed on the day) in order to get above the weight limit.

Even on some days during sign in? 

No mate.