Tour de France 2024

'Dale

Interesting route this. I think this one definitely suits Pog much better. Loads of shorter & sharper climb stages. 2 mountain stages in final week will probably be key again but it seems less mountainous than last years route. 

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

High level remarks:

High mountain stage on Stage 4 already 

Remco’s first Tour de France

Stages 1-3 longer than 200 kms

Bora will likely have Jai and Roglič as co leaders

Visiting the Alps twice - that’s remarkable

23 km or something gravel segment somewhere to shake up the nerves of the mechanics

Starting in the Tuscany hills - exciting!

Ending with a time trial in Nice - juicy drama - Olympics owning Paris for summer 2024

IMG_3531.jpeg

Edited by 'Dale

• 1 month later...

No more iconic brown shorts in the peloton. Van Rysel bikes, helmets and sunnies is incorporated as the French-based team is also renamed as Decathlon AG2R La Mondiale.

Jumbo-Visma renamed as Visma-Lease a bike. 

Nairo Quintana returns to the Worldtour and is, controversially, recruited by his former team in Movistar.

Wout to target the Giro. Huh?

Some of the interesting shifts and evolutions to affect 2024.

spacer.png

57 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

No more iconic brown shorts in the peloton. Van Rysel bikes, helmets and sunnies is incorporated as the French-based team is also renamed as Decathlon AG2R La Mondiale.

Jumbo-Visma renamed as Visma-Lease a bike. 

Nairo Quintana returns to the Worldtour and is, controversially, recruited by his former team in Movistar.

Wout to target the Giro. Huh?

Some of the interesting shifts and evolutions to affect 2024.

spacer.png

Suddenly it's going to be cool being seen in Decathlon kit 🙂

Brrrrr!

Basemiles for Gee, after signing for another two years. He turned 37 this year and performed very well this season. Maybe he will flex in the Classics as well?

IMG_4169.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

2024:

UAE kit more white; Bahrain-Victorious turns into white; Ineos Grenadiers blends their training orange into their deep red race colours. And Bora' adds a slice of lemon. Some changes in kit sponsor too. 

EF-Easy Post, stiek yt.

Image-37.png

On 12/15/2023 at 12:50 PM, 'Dale said:

2024:

UAE kit more white; Bahrain-Victorious turns into white; Ineos Grenadiers blends their training orange into their deep red race colours. And Bora' adds a slice of lemon. Some changes in kit sponsor too. 

EF-Easy Post, stiek yt.

Image-37.png

Don’t like these colours. The outgoing kit looked much better for me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The GC battle could be quite spicy this year with Pidcock being mentioned as a GC threat.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is this list of potential GC leaders correct?😱

Jumbo Visma - Jonas Vingegaard
UAE - Tadej
Ineos - Pidcock
BORA - Primoz
Soudal Quickstep - Remco

• 2 months later...

Roglič allowing a peek for the public into the daily wound management required as he resets his pathway to the Tour de France. 

Rider safety is an ongoing debate. Complicated stuff. Races are getting faster with today’s Hell of the North winner exceeding 47 km/h (a course record), disc brakes are allowing for later braking and more risk taking, aero gains from helmets to innovations in frame geometry, a hyper-competitive culture in the professional ranks, sky high budgets incentivising winning ‘at all costs’, etc.

Who will line up in France and in what form? It remains to be seen.

IMG_6474.jpeg

Some good news, Roglic back on his bike and Vingegaard had successful surgery on his collarbone:

Edited by peepeekaitjie
spelling