All bikeracks in SA frame fixed?

jpvdwal

On 11/9/2022 at 9:50 PM, jpvdwal said:

Hi

Why dont we have bikeracks in SA that only use the tyres too secure the bikes when transporting?

All seems too use the frame not like some like in the US.

Am I the only one that wants too keep my frame scratch free?

If you are worried about scratched on your frame, this is what I do:

I use a hanging rack and between the rack and my frame, I put a cloth for extra protection.  Works for me.

1 hour ago, Super Sywurm said:

If you are worried about scratched on your frame, this is what I do:

I use a hanging rack and between the rack and my frame, I put a cloth for extra protection.  Works for me.

I do the same. Especially when we use my friends car, he has a rather cheap rack and the contact points on the clamps are very hard, so always make sure to take some old rags with me.

16 hours ago, Kuys said:

Thats a fair point, Ive also had to load a bike onto a Thule with a flat tire, no issue. But could be problematic on something like the 1 Up

It's not an issue if the tire is flat when you are loading it. It only becomes an issue if the tire goes flat while you are driving.

3 hours ago, Steady Spin said:

I wouldn't even put a Makro bike on that thing. 

Why do you say that? Bad experience?

I always wonder about this idea of adding a piece of cloth/rag between the frame and the clamp. I’m pretty sure there is a reason the rack manufacturers make the clamps with a soft grippy kind of rubber inside. This provides grip, so i you don’t need to tighten the clamp as hard. With the cloth/rag, you need force on the frame to secure it, as the cloth/ rag offers no grip.

Rather keep your clamps clean, and gently wipe the frame where you intend to clamp it

We make full stainless racks that secure the wheel only. 

These are ball mount or hitch receiver style. Also modular so you can add up to 3 racks. 

Adjustable from 26" to 29+. Also works with road bikes.

Looking at roughly R7,5-8k for the single bike. 

IMG-20220926-WA0026.jpg

IMG-20220926-WA0027.jpg

IMG-20220926-WA0028.jpg

IMG-20220926-WA0029.jpg