2022 Virgin Active Ride Joburg

The Ouzo

I got my reseeding confirmation already so far, they seem to be quick, 

Can anyone tell me what the BIB is they are referring to?? Mine says color "white"

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Dexter-morgan said:

I got my reseeding confirmation already so far, they seem to be quick, 

Can anyone tell me what the BIB is they are referring to?? Mine says color "white"

Peak Timing are doing the timing for this event, and BIB is their terminology for race number.

How many 947s have you done? They have colour coding for the number entered/completed.

White <10
Yellow 10-14
Blue 15-19
Red 20-24
Green Road/MTB double

Not sure what the colour will be for those that have done every event.

edit: Peak Timing are only doing the timing. The organisers are doing their own seeding.

Edited by Frosty

4 hours ago, Jeanne Michael du Plessis said:

Last year I was seeded in AA. finished on a single speed with a time of 3H55m

This year seeded Batch C

Friend of mine did it in 3:23 last year, is seeded in Q 😂🤣😂 something is not lekker....

I did 3:50 last year, but only entered last night for this year, lets see where they seed me.

1 hour ago, Chadvdw67 said:

Friend of mine did it in 3:23 last year, is seeded in Q 😂🤣😂 something is not lekker....

I did 3:50 last year, but only entered last night for this year, lets see where they seed me.

Last year I did a 3:15 from J and a "Dischem ride for sight 116km) in 3:23 also got seeded in M before I asked nicely to be reseeded.

Speaking to a few friends. The seeding seems to be very mixed up. I think they have almost no data.

There are no groups in the results from last year. I would look at last year's results for a start. Adjust riders up or down from their group, or keep them in the group they started in . Then you put the first timers in place . And then deal with the riders that are fitter than last year asking for reseeding. 

Riders of all abilities in all groups. Eish.

Spinnie is the only oke seeded correctly. 

1 hour ago, TheoG said:

Sounds like they did not put a lot of effort into the initial seeding .... 🙈

Agreed.

I can’t remember if it was required to enter a 947 time from last year during the entry process. If it was, then they clearly didn’t use my time.

Maybe it’s a sign to just chill and enjoy the day rather than focused on being fast.

1 minute ago, Blokman said:

Speaking to a few friends. The seeding seems to be very mixed up. I think they have almost no data.

There are no groups in the results from last year. I would look at last year's results for a start. Adjust riders up or down from their group, or keep them in the group they started in . Then you put the first timers in place . And then deal with the riders that are fitter than last year asking for reseeding. 

Riders of all abilities in all groups. Eish.

Spinnie is the only oke seeded correctly. 

Seeding is not difficult; it’s a rank from 1-99999 based on the participant’s time relative to the winner’s time. So they simply rank last year’s results in that order.

Split out those with a licence from the alphabet groups and then seed and place everyone as per the ranking.

10 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Seeding is not difficult; it’s a rank from 1-99999 based on the participant’s time relative to the winner’s time. So they simply rank last year’s results in that order.

Split out those with a licence from the alphabet groups and then seed and place everyone as per the ranking.

Trust me to take the more difficult route. I just wonder how they got it so wrong.