2022 Virgin Active Ride Joburg

The Ouzo

1 minute ago, The Ouzo said:

I'm looking at the sample pics of me online, the biggest thing for me that I'm noticing is that for the first time in nearly 20 years there is no boep

Thats how they go fishing... 😉

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, 117 said:

Thats how they go fishing... 😉

:)

In the earlier years (when they still posted the photos to you) I used to keep pics from each race. During lockdown it was nice to go back through all the pics and see the changes, both in physique, equipment etc.

So whilst their quality has gone down and their prices have sky rocketed has meant I have not bought a pic from them in very many years, its always nice to have.

I think the last pics I bought was when I rode with my dad for his first CTCT in 2017.

7 hours ago, FondTF2 said:

Nice vid. Thanks

Big kuddo's to the guy with one leg (about 3.45 mins in)

What happened to the last few kays?

Really impressive!!! 

My GopPro battery died on Jan Smuts, so I do have footage for the last 15km. 

10 hours ago, edgarblount said:

Ah fenks. Didn't see it on the CTCT site as a seeded race but will go and ride it anyhow.

Only problem with The Fast One for us Northwest folk is that it's the same weekend as Ottosdal Draf en Trap, a local smalltown race that we support each year. Churches and community benefit, great vibe and hospitality. Worth sacrificing my seeding.

54 minutes ago, mecheng89 said:

I saw those BMX dudes when I left Kayalami from F. 

They did very well. 
I passed them on the M2 in the beginning , and just before we took the off-ramp off the m2 coming back near the finish they passed me. 

11 hours ago, Jase619 said:

Careful, another South African has recently claimed something is "dying", didn't turn out to well for her. . . . .

Kan u asseblief die plasing vertaal na die Afrikaanse taal ?

40 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Al wat ek weet, is, ek het  al 43 afrikaans sprekende mense Sondag ontmoet, hulle het almal aan die Johannesburgse fiets wedren deelgeneem. Die samesyn was ongelooflik. 

16 hours ago, Frosty said:

A quick search at Carr Street on-ramp, between 09:00 - 09:15, and I found me on page 2/7 (select 48 per page, not the default 8).

It's easier if the slider is in 15-min buckets.  image.png.cf759c3e1b9858edd38d1a936790073e.png
image.png.4f4bfcaf5561cc929ff617e4e8b6ba19.png

Not sure there were as many photographers on route this year from Action Photo? ... at least not compared to previous years.

On 11/21/2022 at 1:32 PM, Red Robin said:

Did the 35km with my children, really nice experience for them and they really enjoyed it but they were fit, trained  and more than ready, think I slowed them down to be honest.... Riding on the highways was a highlight for them.  

Well organized in general,  parking was easy, access was easy, followed the app and got there earlier than expected. 

I told 'car guards' to go away as was not giving them any money so they were wasting their own time.  One lingered and tried to engage, I just totally  ignored him and he then wandered away. 

All  in all a very  good day albeit different to doing the full race. 

Some 'entrepreneurs' started charging cars for parking but once this was reported, the SAPS arrested the group.  

13 hours ago, ChrisF said:

Not worth it for the 44 people will understand. . . .

Regarding the photos, are we only being given the pics from the RAF activation? 

We then have to buy the rest of the pics from Actionphoto? 

2 hours ago, BrettS said:

Regarding the photos, are we only being given the pics from the RAF activation? 

We then have to buy the rest of the pics from Actionphoto? 

Yes.

AP pay organisers to be there to photograph riders and also cover logistics, equipment and staff costs. At least that was how it worked in the past, no reason that model will have changed. 

RAF activation very likely has a much smaller scale by which they can subsidise. Our tax money and fuel levies at work I suppose.

8 minutes ago, Danger Dassie said:

Yes.

AP pay organisers to be there to photograph riders and also cover logistics, equipment and staff costs. At least that was how it worked in the past, no reason that model will have changed. 

RAF activation very likely has a much smaller scale by which they can subsidise. Our tax money and fuel levies at work I suppose.

At the ride Joburg mtb race we were given our entire photo pack for free. Seems really strange they would change that entirely for the road race. 

16 minutes ago, BrettS said:

At the ride Joburg mtb race we were given our entire photo pack for free. Seems really strange they would change that entirely for the road race. 

Just going on past experience. The best bet is to contact the organisers and/or Action Photo directly.