2022 Virgin Active Ride Joburg

The Ouzo

Just now, Danger Dassie said:

Just going on past experience. The best bet is to contact the organisers and/or Action Photo directly.

Awesome thanks DD. 

Will do so. 

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Danger Dassie said:

Our tax money and fuel levies at work I suppose.

Same spot last year was sponsored by EuropCar. 

My guess is that company pays organiser to be at a prime spot, part of the package they pay for is photos with their branding plastered everywhere and to ensure maximum exposure all photos from this prime position are available FOC.

Not sure for 947, but Action Photo don’t charge, and don’t get charged, to be at the events; at least not when they have taken photos at the old Carnical City Macsteel evens. They make they money from the sale of photos.

Guys this might be a bit off topic but I need help to remove that $@^%#^$ route sticker from my carbon frame!

I usually first stick insulation tape on the frame and then the sticker, but I forgot and thought it would be okay, but I cannot get if off and I don't want to damage the frame.

Any advice?

4 minutes ago, Pieterlab1 said:

Guys this might be a bit off topic but I need help to remove that $@^%#^$ route sticker from my carbon frame!

I usually first stick insulation tape on the frame and then the sticker, but I forgot and thought it would be okay, but I cannot get if off and I don't want to damage the frame.

Any advice?

Mr Min

37 minutes ago, 117 said:

Warm water and let it soak a bit

Meths to remove the last sticky bits

Caution you dont overspray Mr Min onto your discs or rims 

I also battled with that k@k sticker.  Scratched the most off, washed the bike (soaking) and removed the last bit of stickiness on my handlebar with turpentine (turps).

3 minutes ago, TheoG said:

I also battled with that k@k sticker.  Scratched the most off, washed the bike (soaking) and removed the last bit of stickiness on my handlebar with turpentine (turps).

Still yet to tackle mine😜

why are you sticking route stickers to your bikes ? I dont think I've ever done that.

But even the action photo sticker, I never bothered to put one on my helmet, and for the one on the bike I made a little board that I cable tied to my bars.

7 minutes ago, The Ouzo said:

why are you sticking route stickers to your bikes ? I dont think I've ever done that.

But even the action photo sticker, I never bothered to put one on my helmet, and for the one on the bike I made a little board that I cable tied to my bars.

Ag I don't really know. I figured that was the only useful thing we got in the race pack, so I might just as well use it.

1 hour ago, Pieterlab1 said:

Any advice?

Useful tip for a next time...

First stick a strip of that clear packaging tape on the frame, then stick the elevation sticker or whatever else on top of the clear tape.  When it's time to remove, just peel of the clear tape, it leaves virtually no sticky residue.

1 hour ago, Pieterlab1 said:

Any advice?

Hot water and soap should be enough. Don’t use anything abrasive. Wipe the sticker multiple times as the paper will slowly dissolve. Then it’s the glue residue that needs to be removed.   Meths, Surgical Spirits or similar product that evaporates quickly can be used sparingly to get rid of the residual glue.

43 minutes ago, The Ouzo said:

Ala Argus? Also don't bother with that infuriating sticker on my helmet, not worth the PIA to get it off after.

24 minutes ago, Jase619 said:

Ala Argus? Also don't bother with that infuriating sticker on my helmet, not worth the PIA to get it off after.

Yes similar to how the auGUST do it.