Wrong place wrong time, eina

Piernas Flacas

I was sending it down the Banhoek Cape Cobra line earlier last year and as I came around a corner and flung myself in the air on a blind double I noticed two ladies standing right about where I was going to land. Now, I'm 1.88m and pushing 125kg. Lucky for them I managed to plant the bike between them without hitting them.

I will admit that I was beyond furious at them afterwards though. I might have let them know how much of a moron they were being. :ph34r:

Edited by Robbie Stewart
Spelling

3 hours ago, Jbr said:

school fees

At a discount, if all he got was a busted ankle.

That said, we don't know how well marked the trail was. You don't know what you don't know, and there are MTBers who couldn't point out a jump line if there was prize money on the table.

19 minutes ago, droo said:

At a discount, if all he got was a busted ankle.

That said, we don't know how well marked the trail was. You don't know what you don't know, and there are MTBers who couldn't point out a jump line if there was prize money on the table.

I dunno hey, all those gap jumps should have been a tell. But then, there's no one so blind as someone who refuses to see.

11 hours ago, Robbie Stewart said:

I dunno hey, all those gap jumps should have been a tell. But then, there's no one so blind as someone who refuses to see.

Also, there were 2 guys there and 2 bikes, They are MTB's not hikers !!!  Should have known better.

So I stand by my point, both of them are idiots for "camping out" at that spot.

I agree with @droo he was lucky to come away with only a broken ankle.  Not that a broken ankle is a walk in the park, it took me more than 6 months to sort of recover from mine.

Edited by TheoG

Rider is lucky the dogs didn't settle into him, even licking to death.

I am a little paranoid cowardly in my old age on a bike and mbike on two way single track, even jeep track or gravel road. Too many head ons.

3 hours ago, TheoG said:

Also, there were 2 guys there and 2 bikes, They are MTB's not hikers !!!  Should have known better.

So I stand by my point, both of them are idiots for "camping out" at that spot.

I agree with @droo he was lucky to come away with only a broken ankle.  Not that a broken ankle is a walk in the park, it took me more than 6 months to sort of recover from mine.

Broken ankle is a long recovery. 

Mine took at least 6 months to get to some semi-semblance of normality. 16 months after breaking mine, I am still having issues every now and then.

Just now, Robbie Stewart said:

Broken ankle is a long recovery. 

Mine took at least 6 months to get to some semi-semblance of normality. 16 months after breaking mine, I am still having issues every now and then.

Yip, mine is almost back to normal but not 100% the same as before ...

3 hours ago, Frosty said:

Assuming it’s a cellphone in the non-rider’s hand, it goes down as a cellphone-related accident. I wonder how many there are of those, in all incidents?

Friggen hate seeing people being distracted by their phone, while possibly endangering other people’s lives.

Well spotted ....

Screenshot_20230126_172213_Chrome.jpg.486b923cba73b54f752b51df924825f9.jpg