Western Cape Enduro 2023

MORNE

11 hours ago, Headshot said:

I'm probably out with a nasty cold at the moment, but we shall see...

My chest is a bit unhappy at the moment too. I'm trying real hard to not let things get worse. Sunday feels so far away right now.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, Robbie Stewart said:

My chest is a bit unhappy at the moment too. I'm trying real hard to not let things get worse. Sunday feels so far away right now.

Enjoy Your Ride Robbie.

16 hours ago, MORNE said:

Fun day, thanks to organizers.
Rode badly, didn't die this time, had a jol. 

Legs gave out proper on iron monkey. Had t climb off mid trail and release the spasms.

Pushed back up and went down the entire Armageddon trail sitting, could not stand.

Unfortunate,but at least finished

1 hour ago, Josh Baptie said:

Legs gave out proper on iron monkey. Had t climb off mid trail and release the spasms.

Pushed back up and went down the entire Armageddon trail sitting, could not stand.

Congrats on pushing through. I presumed you must have fallen or something because i was so dainty down armageddon, i even stopped and had a look where i fell last time (good excuse to rest legs haha), and i thought there it s no chance you finished behind me on that stage unless you bought some real estate somewhere. Glad you made it through. 

3 hours ago, Josh Baptie said:

1 hour ago, MORNE said:

Congrats on pushing through. I presumed you must have fallen or something because i was so dainty down armageddon, i even stopped and had a look where i fell last time (good excuse to rest legs haha), and i thought there it s no chance you finished behind me on that stage unless you bought some real estate somewhere. Glad you made it through. 

Yesterday was BRUTAL. I nearly gave up on the climb to Monkey 5, but Morné talked me into dropping into Arma instead. I was feeling rubbish by then and just wanted off of that mountain.

Convincing myself that I can ride despite feeling off my A-game was just foolish. My last two enduros were bad for me in that both attacked my digestive system something fierce. And that saps your energy like nothing.

1 hour ago, Robbie Stewart said:

Yesterday was BRUTAL. I nearly gave up on the climb to Monkey 5, but Morné talked me into dropping into Arma instead. I was feeling rubbish by then and just wanted off of that mountain.

Convincing myself that I can ride despite feeling off my A-game was just foolish. My last two enduros were bad for me in that both attacked my digestive system something fierce. And that saps your energy like nothing.

I wisely stayed at home to let my cold get better but was sorely tempted and had started getting my kit in order the day before....It was such a lovely day for a race and a ride but did neither.

1 minute ago, Headshot said:

I wisely stayed at home to let my cold get better but was sorely tempted and had started getting my kit in order the day before....It was such a lovely day for a race and a ride but did neither.

Look, fun was had, but sheez I struggled hey. And the last climb up that vertical wall called Irish was the death of me on any other day.

I should 100% not have started that ride. It was by far the dumbest decision I've made in a while.

• 4 weeks later...

10 September - Jonkershoek National

What's the best way to get from Cape Town airport to Stellenbosch with a bike?

26 minutes ago, Sprockets said:

10 September - Jonkershoek National

What's the best way to get from Cape Town airport to Stellenbosch with a bike?

Via Uber

• 2 months later...
On 1/25/2023 at 8:12 PM, MORNE said:

So with the niceties out of the way…here comes what I actually came here to say…

buckle up!! 😅

How can it be so difficult to confirm WHERE these events will be taking place? This is not how you plan events imo.
Are you guys deliberately keeping it quiet? Or dont YOU know yet?  Seems like it? did someone for instance not realise the Epic is happening in and around #1? Which basically/probably means everything around tygerberg is out…purely from a logostics point of view.
You need to hype these things up from longer than 1 month ish to go i think. Thats part of the problem. What is it with this format and the people inheriting it all the time….The numbers are good. People pay. Why compromise that??

Anyway…

How is one supposed to plan your year without event info. In my case, i have a few things id like to do this year…which means I have to prioritise them. Not everyone taking part is a teenager without priorities that matter. Adults need to adult. Unfortunately. That means planning ahead for most of us.

- so we can support you!

Certain events will take preference over others for us ‘matured’ folks

For instance, jonkers will take preference over another( for most of us) if you have to choose. Thats a reality even though I hope to do all of them. 

Anyway, get the info out please. There cant be any real reason why not at this stage. If you havent decided which rounds go when….you already have a problem imo. 

anyway, still looking forward. Please come to the party.