Western Cape Enduro 2023

MORNE

On 3/24/2023 at 7:28 AM, Graham S said:

Picking up my "new" bike this weekend so finally feel like ill be ready for an enduro. My poor 26er was taking a serious beating. 

When will they be annoucing the lite? 

Whenever Jonkers Enduro excludes Plumber then that's the lite edition 

but more to the point, you can't drop a new bike brag and not post pics. 

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/25/2023 at 2:34 PM, Robbie Stewart said:

Whenever Jonkers Enduro excludes Plumber then that's the lite edition 

but more to the point, you can't drop a new bike brag and not post pics. 

Haha ok cool! 

I just need to sort out the gearing... currently sporting a 34/42 and climbing is not great 😅

Finally have a bike thats Enduro ready. My old 2010 Commencal Meta has served me well and taught me a lot in the year and a bit that ive been riding.

2017 Transition Patrol

-1678269453-7487.jpg

38 minutes ago, Graham S said:

Haha ok cool! 

I just need to sort out the gearing... currently sporting a 34/42 and climbing is not great 😅

Finally have a bike thats Enduro ready. My old 2010 Commencal Meta has served me well and taught me a lot in the year and a bit that ive been riding.

2017 Transition Patrol

-1678269453-7487.jpg

Nice. That bike is going to be proper at Jonkers. I like the colour scheme too. Lekker.

6 hours ago, Graham S said:

Haha ok cool! 

2017 Transition Patrol

-1678269453-7487.jpg

I run a 650B Enduro with 10-42 and a 30 up front. Its just about manageable on climbs but a 32 and wider range cassette would be better overall.

8 minutes ago, Headshot said:

I run a 650B Enduro with 10-42 and a 30 up front. Its just about manageable on climbs but a 32 and wider range cassette would be better overall.

Ok thanks good to know! Im actually going to pick upa  30T chain ring this weekin the mean time. Will see if I can find a ecent 11 speed casette somewhere. 

22 hours ago, Graham S said:

Haha ok cool! 

2017 Transition Patrol

-1678269453-7487.jpg

That will work s treat. nice bike

26 minutes ago, MORNE said:

https://www.summitbikes.co.za/index.php?id_category=95&controller=category

im sure  Dominic can hook you up with a 30T 96bcd chainring with that combo somehow.

0C8B8E00-7F40-4A63-A997-512245CB8A82.jpeg

E2191C22-C6DF-4BB3-B8C6-9F8D1E423A06.jpeg

Haha ya ive already been scrolling through his shop :D Theres a nice 11/50 Shimano casette on the classifieds that would work nicely as well. 

Ill have to suffer through this month though, I used all my bonus money to get the bike! 🤣

10 hours ago, Graham S said:

Haha ya ive already been scrolling through his shop :D Theres a nice 11/50 Shimano casette on the classifieds that would work nicely as well. 

Ill have to suffer through this month though, I used all my bonus money to get the bike! 🤣

Just a heads-up, you’ll probably need a goatlink on a 11speed xt rear mech to get it to work just OK on a 11-51T. They only really work well up to 46T in my experience. It will do a 51…but it wont be perfect…and i still think those 11speed rear mechs were some of the best made. have a stock long cage one on another bike paired with a 11-46T. 

Edited by MORNE

1 hour ago, MORNE said:

Just a heads-up, you’ll probably need a goatlink on a 11speed xt rear mech to get it to work just OK on a 11-51T. They only really work well up to 46T in my experience. It will do a 51…but it wont be perfect…and i still think those 11speed rear mechs were some of the best made. have a stock long cage one on another bike paired with a 11-46T. 

Ok thanks for that info, I didn't know that! Maybe I'll just get a 30T chain ring and leave the cassette alone.

15 hours ago, Graham S said:

Ok thanks for that info, I didn't know that! Maybe I'll just get a 30T chain ring and leave the cassette alone.

Look at Rapide.co.za - they have a "goat link"  for about R200 if I recall.  A 30t ring would be the cheapest option - Rapide can also supply one for about R400...

• 2 weeks later...

Rode Monkey 6 and 5 last week. Great balls of thunder!!! 5 is a bit of a rock festival. I'll need to go do a repeat this coming Saturday again. Other than that, I'm super excited to be back at Jonkers again after Paarl.