2 weeks to go ...

Perico i also want to know!! Is it uphill all the way to the equestrian park? what does the last 5km look like?

Ok, so I lied. Did 100km road on Saturday and played at Logwood the whole of yesterday. Can feel the legs worked a bit.

Grapkas, we drove past the park after a meeting in Midrand last week

just to try and get an idea of what the finish will be like. It is not

much of an uphill, more like a gentle rise. However the road passed the

main entrance to Kyalami is a pretty steep downhill so I think it

should be a fast finish for most of the bunch finishes.

Unless of coarse we need to make a turn into the equestrian park to cross the line... then all hell could break loose! Confused 

It seems that the finish will be on the R55 near the entrance to the equestrian park.

It is not 5km from Kyalami, more like 2km I think and although it is uphill it is a pretty gradual climb.

Don't think it will be too bad.

I live behind the equestrian estate and road the last two km yesterday. From the Jukskei river their is a short climb , 500m then the road flattens for about a km then another short climb of 500m then the finish line is about 200 to 300m further on. The finish is before the right turn up Maxwell Drive to the entrance to the equestrian estate . The markings are already on the road for finish, drinks, medals etc.

Big%20smile

We did our rehearsal yesterday...the entire route...at race paceDead.

It was hectic so one can appreciate full road closure....it's gonna hurt especially the last climb.....LOL

"DTThumbs%20Up"

Big%20smile

We did our rehearsal yesterday...the entire route...at race paceDead.

yep - also did the route with the club yesterday - i only lasted until kia sands & turned back home as i was not feeling well at all! 

i was for sure overdoing it the past week - completely missed saturday's ride & should not even have gone out on sunday - got back home & spent the whole day in bed sleeping!

anyhow - a couple of steep hills in the route - the ones in randburg just before the taxi rank really took me by surprise - going up witkoppen is also going to be fun!  a couple of nice big potholes on the route!

I live behind the equestrian estate and road the last two km yesterday. From the Jukskei river their is a short climb ' date=' 500m then the road flattens for about a km then another short climb of 500m then the finish line is about 200 to 300m further on. The finish is before the right turn up Maxwell Drive to the entrance to the equestrian estate . The markings are already on the road for finish, drinks, medals etc.[/quote']

Ei... sounds like the last few km's could be interesting for those who are running on empty, if memory serves me correct that "little" 500m climb from the Jukskei could sort the sprinters outClap

Did a lot of hill climbs yesterday combined with a 100 km ride.  Will start tappering down with easy rides over weekends and hard intervals in the week, but the general amount of training in a week will start to reduce a lot now.  Will be doing the Bakwena but might jippo a bit.  Will see how I feel.  Last year I did a easy Bakwena and it was great for the legs.  A week later I had a hell of a 94.7 and was strong enough to do a lot of work in the B bunch.  Think this year in the VA group will be a different story.  VASBYT!!