Looking for cycling buddies

Robin S

Hey there,

I have recently moved to Cape Town and took my road bike with me. I would love to connect with the local community of cyclists, for both early morning weekday rides and longer weekend rides. I am from France but was living in the UK, where I was going out on my bike almost every weekend (70-120km).

Also interested in doing a longer bike trip, maybe along the Garden Route, but very keen to hear the advice of local cyclists.

I have contacted the Cycle Tour to try to sort out a late registration, fingers crossed!

Thanks in advance,

Robin

37 minutes ago, KidCharlemagne said:

Where do you stay? Welcome! International entries remain open, but don't know if you qualify if you are applying from within. 

Robin S....

There's plenty of riding buddy options in every suburb. But finding quality riding buddies that dont ride e-bikes, disobey traffic laws or any runners during a running event, that's where you interview and let them "show you love" or you may be asking them "if we could just be friends....."

give us more details on your residential location and we can show you a "brighter day"

1 hour ago, DieselnDust said:

Robin S....

There's plenty of riding buddy options in every suburb. But finding quality riding buddies that dont ride e-bikes, disobey traffic laws or any runners during a running event, that's where you interview and let them "show you love" or you may be asking them "if we could just be friends....."

give us more details on your residential location and we can show you a "brighter day"

You dont even know if Robin rides an ebike .... :P

As you say .... it all starts with the suburb ....

Just now, ChrisF said:

You dont even know if Robin rides an ebike .... :P

As you say .... it all starts with the suburb ....

I knew I’d hook you in😂

4 hours ago, Robin S said:

Hey there,

I have recently moved to Cape Town and took my road bike with me. I would love to connect with the local community of cyclists, for both early morning weekday rides and longer weekend rides. I am from France but was living in the UK, where I was going out on my bike almost every weekend (70-120km).

Also interested in doing a longer bike trip, maybe along the Garden Route, but very keen to hear the advice of local cyclists.

I have contacted the Cycle Tour to try to sort out a late registration, fingers crossed!

Thanks in advance,

Robin

Welcome in South Africa 

Thanks to everyone that responded! I am based in Sea Point at the moment. Went on a short ride yesterday up to Chapman's Peak and struggled with the wind 🥲 I have road bike (non electric!), can't really do gravel with it.

Edited by Robin S
Typo