SRAM announce second-generation Force AXS

News bot

Press Release The most precise Force AXS is here. Upgraded with technologies developed for WorldTour pros, and a striking aesthetic all its own. Choose from integrated power solutions for road and gravel. Go further with intelligent gear ranges. Personalize it with the power of AXS. Enjoy redesigned shifter paddles, a sleeker hood shape, and the […]

View full article

I am overjoyed to learn that this groupset officially makes coffee as well so that question is answered

Wow. Amazing that after so many years, The Mullet is making a huge comeback! That’s called the ASX “air brake” used for technical descents, right? 👀

7 hours ago, capediver said:

All I saw was $$$$$$...like that....

it's the same price as the old one, which nowadays is pretty rare.

Otherwise apparently same (shitty for the front) shifting performance. Only upside in my opinion is hoods design. I haven't ridden my Rival ones yet but from what I've seen they are a lot closer to what shimano offers (which is far better).

But the looks... man this looks cheap... The current Rival crank actually looks better IMO

Further innovation from SRAM: with the power meter integrated into the chainring is this a new technology, the disposable power meter??

14 minutes ago, MaMc said:

the disposable power meter??

Can one at least replace the battery?  Or is the power meter done, once the battery reached its max  recharging cycles, or chain rings are worn - which ever happens first? 

Edited by Mongoose!

1 minute ago, Mongoose! said:

Can one at least replace the battery?  Or is the power meter done, once the battery reached its max  recharging cycles, or chain rings are worn - which ever happens first? 

The chainring will die long before the battery

1 hour ago, Mongoose! said:

Quarq uses replaceable CR2032 batteries 

Hopefully someone on YouTube will come forward with a DIY solution to separate the power meter spider from the worn chainrings? :whistling:

Edited by Mongoose!

1 hour ago, MaMc said:

The chainring will die long before the battery

Nope, 100% false. These take 2032 batteries and those chainrings are bulletproof (as long as you stay on top or your chain wear)

Edited by Jbr

6 minutes ago, Jbr said:

Nope, 100% false. These take 2032 batteries and those chainrings are bulletproof (as long as you stay on top or your chain wear)

yep. i've had no issue with Sram red chainrings - they last forever.

i was at first worried about it, but now its such a non issue

8 minutes ago, Jbr said:

Wasn't aware they were not li-ion. I think my point stands though, when you replace you chainring, you now have to replace a power meter unnecessarily

Edited by MaMc
Spelling