Really, No Epic 2023 Thread?

BMCfan

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, The Ouzo said:

I wonder what the Epic would charge for you to be there ? Because this is a very good idea

Would have to sell a lot of boerie rolls to make it worthwhile. Beyond the organisers fee there’s the cost of following the race village as well.

There were at least three food vendors in the race village and I found the food options pretty good. Especially if wanting a break from the dining tent food.  
For the finish area tent, those guys are going to have really pull finger for the organisers and riders. Big shoes to fill from Woolies and it’s like they made zero effort. 

7 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

boeries roll would need t cost R80-00....

thats cheap, these are CEOs racing here man, R120 artisanal boerie rolls all day long 

5 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

boeries roll would need t cost R80-00....

@devvydoesdonuts and I might have to pitch up in a Volkswagen Transporter disguised as a bike servicing shop. Then we have one bike stand with a bike hanging and 5 drum braais in the background making boeries, Espadas and pregos. You know we are hungry mechanics. 

41 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

Well he does have a reputation for drilling partners into the ground....

(Too soon?)

Jokes aside, it must be a very difficult juggle to balance his sort of schedule and personal life. Seems both a good and bad time to announce straight after this race, but it's none of our business really anyway. 

We might see a very motivated Nino on the racecourse for the twilight of his career, competitors beware!

I thought the point of keeping your private life away from your public life was so that if things went south you didn’t need to make a media statement 

4 minutes ago, PappaWatTrap said:

@devvydoesdonuts and I might have to pitch up in a Volkswagen Transporter disguised as a bike servicing shop. Then we have one bike stand with a bike hanging and 5 drum braais in the background making boeries, Espadas and pregos. You know we are hungry mechanics. 

We can charge R1500 a boerie, for every boerie you get a free tyre🤑

1 hour ago, Danger Dassie said:

He’s a public figure? So it will by default come up. This way it sucks the wind from the drama lamas. Peter Sagan did the same.

Personally I dgaff, but in their position it’s entirely their prerogative and doesn’t really bear further discussion.

Similar to forums nosing around about people’s family relationships because of a surname really.

Someone gets it 

10 minutes ago, J Wakefield said:

If I had an option right now for a Builders Warehouse Boerie, I would pay about 100e I miss them that much. 

There is something about a boerie roll isnt there ? Especially if you've not had one for a long time.

5 minutes ago, The Ouzo said:

There is something about a boerie roll isnt there ? Especially if you've not had one for a long time.

Truer words have not been spoken 

8 minutes ago, The Ouzo said:

especially in a parking lot 

15 minutes ago, peepeekaitjie said:

especially in a parking lot 

And on a Saturday morning

48 minutes ago, Danger Dassie said:

Would have to sell a lot of boerie rolls to make it worthwhile. Beyond the organisers fee there’s the cost of following the race village as well.

There were at least three food vendors in the race village and I found the food options pretty good. Especially if wanting a break from the dining tent food.  
For the finish area tent, those guys are going to have really pull finger for the organisers and riders. Big shoes to fill from Woolies and it’s like they made zero effort. 

Yoh that'll grate me specially knowing how decent the woolies prepared meals and shakes were after the ride.