Shimano - WTF!

duringd

3 minutes ago, duringd said:

Just did, thanks. Won't be winning any prizes based on complimentary commenting

maybe,..... maybe not

either way if they don't the message and act on it more people will vote with the wallet

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, babse said:

She obviously hasn't ridden SRAM yet hahaha 🤣

you know, I know, we know ;)

Edited by Jbr

1 hour ago, OVERDRIVE said:

A bit of perspective as her team is in fact SDWorx (and SRAM) sponsored.  Looooooong and weird stretch for her to be popping off at the Shimano neutral service, ain’t it?  From her IG thread:

image.jpeg.bcdd136c76521d2c8356b188c90ba5a6.jpeg

Edited by justinafrika

34 minutes ago, justinafrika said:

A bit of perspective as her team is SDWorx sponsored.  From her IG thread:

Oh how we miss Mavic that somehow managed to cater for everyone and provided a true neutral service….

this post above by ravennexus is right but also hogwash. The pitch of the SRAM chain is the same as the Shimano chain so the chain will engage with the cassette teeth it will just ride higher on the teeth which could lead to the chain skipping. There is enough chain wrap for the system to be functional.  The gearing will be different as the cassette sprocket sizes are different but also because the chain will ride higher on the teeth.

wjat might be the real problem is that the 12speed flat top chain is narrower than other 12 speed chains. Not sure how much but about 0.15mm rings a bell. That may cause spacing issues with the derailleur aligning under the Shimano cassette. But again this shouldn’t render the whole system inoperable just suboptimal

Edited by DieselnDust

14 minutes ago, justinafrika said:

image.jpeg.e7a4084f77b5b0a61c3705b133586395.jpeg

The neutral service vehicles are , as I understand it, required to carry wheels that are compatible with any groupset in use during the race they are covering if they don’t have a compatible wheel they are supposed to offer a complete bike 

from the horses mouth

https://road.shimano.com/us/stories/the-shimano-neutral-service-facts-and-figures

Edited by DieselnDust

1 hour ago, justinafrika said:

A bit of perspective as her team is in fact SDWorx (and SRAM) sponsored.  Looooooong and weird stretch for her to be popping off at the Shimano neutral service, ain’t it?  From her IG thread:

16 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

The neutral service vehicles are , as I understand it, required to carry wheels that are compatible with any groupset in use during the race they are covering if they don’t have a compatible wheel they are supposed to offer a complete bike 

from the horses mouth

https://road.shimano.com/us/stories/the-shimano-neutral-service-facts-and-figures

@justinafrika Popcorn Watching Tv GIF - Popcorn Watching TV Couch Potato ...

34 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

from the horses mouth

you would expect that to be the case with them being neutral and all and all

35 minutes ago, OVERDRIVE said:

@justinafrika Popcorn Watching Tv GIF - Popcorn Watching TV Couch Potato ...

1 hour ago, DieselnDust said:

from the horses mouth

Errr… what?  She’s popping off at a particular (No 21) Shimano neutral car already engaged with another rider while making no mention of her non-existent team support or support from her own SRAM sponsors??? 

Let’s be kind and say that your, and her, logic is somewhat uNoRtHoDoX.

image.gif.c4eb9fbff9856dd0a5bfe72944a4810e.gif

Edited by justinafrika

11 minutes ago, justinafrika said:

Errr… what?  She’s popping off at a particular (No 21) Shimano neutral car already engaged with another rider while making no mention of her non-existent team support or support from her own SRAM sponsors??? 

Think N21 was the shared team car?

Also, I am not understanding the whole shout it from the hill top attitude? Can someone explain that?
(Just me?) 

Edited by Mtree
grammar.

53 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

from the horses mouth

Like this: 🤣🤣

12 minutes ago, justinafrika said:

Let’s be kind and say that your, and her, logic is somewhat uNoRtHoDoX.

Don't shoot the messenger! I am just the passer of news 

Yoda GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

22 minutes ago, OVERDRIVE said:

Don't shoot the messenger! I am just the passer of news 

Yoda GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

catchingfeelings.jpg.e9c9c3dbf376159f3807132c3fb9d349.jpg

… are we?  At any rate, thoroughly enjoy all the exchanges with all the informed and clever persons on here.  Just saying.

Edited by justinafrika