Is this bike worth it?

ycowley

I asked the seller condition and he says great condition, no accidents.

Funny but he cannot tell me the age of the bike!

image.png.461ccbd7097a3e8eccac74d183277345.png

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I’d say overpriced, I’ve seen some carbon bikes with better 10speed Groupos selling for around 8/9k over the last couple of months. I’d wait it out for something better, unless you’re desperate

34 minutes ago, NeverNotRolling said:

Age, as in when the bike was manufactured?

Yip. Do not wish to buy a bike as old as my one is now

That's a 2008 Raleigh Team. 

There was a problem with the 2007 carbon models in that they were cracking at the chain stays. This frame, in this colour, was brought out specifically as a recall replacement for the 2007 models. 

It is made by Dedacciai, who manufactures high end frames. 

Personally, considering what you pay for bikes nowadays, I think the price is reasonable. 

You are getting a full carbon frame, which in its day was high end and an Ultegra groupset. 

5 hours ago, Andreas_187 said:

I would guess this bike wasn’t even 10k well over 10 years ago when it was new. That Ultegra group set was released 18 years ago in 2005

R18k actually

4 minutes ago, Eugene said:

R3k, for a full carbon bike? You either got a bargain, a lemon or the aluminum RC3000 version. 

Ah, didn’t pick that up, wasn’t clear in the pic. Yes, mine was aluminium (though ironically was also advertised as carbon due to the carbon fork).

15 hours ago, ycowley said:

Thank you. Much appreciated. Will ride my old bike for now and wait it out.

For perspective, early last year I sold my old Felt F3 2009 model for R7k

- full carbon with Ultegra 10sp components, newer aluminium wheels plus cranks had been upgraded to 11sp 105 (2018). Full drive chain had also been replaced in 2018

So just be patient, pop an alert on road bikes in the classified ads and something much better will come your way. Plus if you keep saving while you wait your budget will increase. 

On 5/12/2023 at 3:05 PM, MongooseMan said:

I bought the same specced bike for R3k last year.

Ja... ja... You drive a hard deal!

I was about to post about that - it was far better specced though, and a newer model 😉.

OP, it is a good bike, if in good nick, but not vintage yet, so offer R3k and walk away if not accepted.