Ass Saver in Northern Suburbs CT?

Jacobus Louw

Good day! With the rainy season upon us, I yet again came home from my morning ride with my bibs looking like I ate a bad jaffle last night. I know Nils sells Ass Savers, but wondering if any Northern Suburbs bike shops sell them. Pic for reference. Note: I'm a roadie, so aesthetics is everything ;)

PS. Any similar solutions, DIY included, are very welcome.

Thanks in advance!

Screenshot 2023-05-30 at 16.53.46.png

Edited by Jacobus Louw

Decathlon has lots to choose from and really well priced - I got this one for a very muddy TB last year, looks bont but really works well - Clips on and off your seatpost in 2 seconds

image.png.7a1465c8e4f61f8989ef1a364981a174.png

1 hour ago, Jacobus Louw said:

Good day! With the rainy season upon us, I yet again came home from my morning ride with my bibs looking like I ate a bad jaffle last night. I know Nils sells Ass Savers, but wondering if any Northern Suburbs bike shops sell them. Pic for reference. 

Thanks in advance!

Where is Keane Bikes based ?
https://keanbikes.co.za/products/Ass-Savers-Regular-p436122019

to be honest ass savers do very little to shield you from mud splashing up behind you....but they can look kinda cool...

2 hours ago, Jacobus Louw said:

Good day! With the rainy season upon us, I yet again came home from my morning ride with my bibs looking like I ate a bad jaffle last night. I know Nils sells Ass Savers, but wondering if any Northern Suburbs bike shops sell them. Pic for reference. 

Thanks in advance!

You asked for a DYI….

Seen on a township bicycle back in the 90’s

2 liter plastic bottle cut +/- down the middle just up to the cap thread which was not cut in half.  The cap had 2 small slits in it allowing it to be cable tied onto the aft end of the seat post. The plastic bottle half was screwed into the cap resulting in something resembling an ass saver.

Same bike also had a 2 liter plastic home fabricated splash guard cable tied onto the down tube.

Back in the day we just used the plastic header card from a Maxxis Tyre as a butt saver😂

7 minutes ago, Bub Marley said:

Are these okes reliable? Anyone bought from them yet? They have some decent stuff on the website.

No personal experience but they're pretty active here on Bikehub too so I can't think that there is need for concern.

34 minutes ago, Bub Marley said:

Are these okes reliable? Anyone bought from them yet? They have some decent stuff on the website.

I bought a seatpost from them. Helpful and communicative and product is 100's. Can recommend them.