Pedal Power Association

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

51 minutes ago, MongooseMan said:

see we've moved again for this year:

Venue last year was a disaster. Not sure if this will be much better. Farms just aren't set up to have a mass of people all arrive and park at the same time like schools or town centres are...

1 hour ago, bleedToWin said:

Venue last year was a disaster. Not sure if this will be much better. Farms just aren't set up to have a mass of people all arrive and park at the same time like schools or town centres are...

Ja, the only negative of Stellenbosch High School, as venue, was hitting Helshoogte about 50m after neutral ended...

2 hours ago, bleedToWin said:

Get there early and park at Joostenberg (they're gonna hate cyclists by the end of that day...)

4 hours ago, Akon said:

Ja, the only negative of Stellenbosch High School, as venue, was hitting Helshoogte about 50m after neutral ended...

Nah that’s great 😜😜

5 hours ago, bleedToWin said:

Uhmmmm .... I learnt a valuable lesson at the Winelands race this year.

Events are getting popular again ... traffic to the parking gets chaotic !!!  Allow sufficient time for this !!!!

I thought I was going to be way early for my start group.  Turns out I was ready barely 5 minutes before my start group ... and at the mercy of a long line of people at the porta .... :eek:  Next time I WILL be early ...

Sure, some venues are just better at parking, but either way, we need to plan for the influx of newbies that may slow down the process .....

4 hours ago, Jbr said:

Nah that’s great 😜😜

Agreed. Also every1 has the same 50m warm up after standing in chute for at least 15mins.

No issue with school.

6 hours ago, ChrisF said:

Uhmmmm .... I learnt a valuable lesson at the Winelands race this year.

Events are getting popular again ... traffic to the parking gets chaotic !!!  Allow sufficient time for this !!!!

I thought I was going to be way early for my start group.  Turns out I was ready barely 5 minutes before my start group ... and at the mercy of a long line of people at the porta .... :eek:  Next time I WILL be early ...

Sure, some venues are just better at parking, but either way, we need to plan for the influx of newbies that may slow down the process .....

One Tonner parking was a disaster last year, one bad farm road for everybody to enter the venue, queued for more than 30 minutes to get into the venue. not enough parking, loads of people missed their starting bunch. But not the first time PPA got the parking arrangements wrong, can name a few events from them where the parking was shambolic.

Have no idea if the new venue will be better, I wouldn't count on it. would be wise to be there early