Discovery Vitality weekly goal cap

25 minutes ago, Jono said:

🤯impressive! Don't you ever get sick?

Live a healthy lifestyle and yes I do get sick, but not much and still managed to achieve.  They have recently introduced free weeks (I currently have 2) that I can use if ever I want to take a week off.

You can always walk a Park Run or My Run and get 300 points for doing so, that's 600 points in a weekend for just walking a timed 5km event.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Scottdog said:

My weekly goal seems to be stuck on 1200 which I struggle to attain. I probably only hit the target once a month, but the goal never decreases.

Ok!so it seems that the weekly goal cap has changed and can cap at 1200😲...this can be  adjusted for diagnosed medical conditions my wife was battling to achieve her goal due to health so we'll have to persue a medical re-evaluation and possible adjustment. 🙂

Thanks for all the replys ,much appreciated,I'll review  the boring small print on the Vitaliy page on the desktop ...so it seems that the weekly goal cap has changed and can cap at 1200😲...this can be  adjusted for diagnosed medical conditions. My wife was battling to achieve her goal due to health so we'll have to persue a medical re-evaluation and possible adjustment. 🙂

I still enjoy the Vitaliy benifit and get around R3000 or 30000 vitality rewards just from my weakly exercise achievements for the year .It pays for my annual Strave premium acount and and I have left to purchase a Christmas pressenf for myself at one of the retailreward participants.

Have a great Weekend 

H.

Edited by HowardSteele

The long rides at low heart rate and getting no points as a result is the reason I moved to the endurance / high performance category.  I now have to get 1200 instead of 900 points weekly, but being able to get 600 from a single activity makes it quite easy to achieve.  And no more getting nothing for hours of effort.  I'm much happier.

Does anyone know if you can or how hard it is to switch back from the endurance catagory to the standard one?

1 hour ago, Michael S said:

Does anyone know if you can or how hard it is to switch back from the endurance catagory to the standard one?

Why would you want to

2 minutes ago, Dicky DQ said:

Why would you want to

Flexibility really. 

If it does not work out as good as I originally thought. Or I change up how I train

On 10/21/2023 at 6:33 AM, Michael S said:

It should be automatic, if you do not ask for it again the next year according to the rules. But you can just ask their support and they switch you back, happens in a few days.

Updates for 2024 on 'standard' vitality 

Fitness points

We're also expanding the ways in which you can earn Vitality fitness points, recognising short, high intensity workouts and long, light intensity workouts.

• Earn 100 points for a workout of 15 to 29 minutes at a moderate or high intensity of over 70% of your age related maximum heart rate.
  • Earn 200 points for a workout of 60 to 89 minutes and 300 points for a workout longer than 90 minutes, for light intensity workouts of 60% to 69% of your age-related maximum heart rate.

Due to low take-up, the Vitality High Performance Fitness Assessment will be discontinued in 2024.

Edited by Michael S

The more interesting update seems like using VO2 Max from your watch instead of a fitness test for bonus points. That table is sure to spark some debate.

image.png.1390ea0f07cfa17822f17e2effacbeaa.png

34 minutes ago, Gr3mlin131 said:

The more interesting update seems like using VO2 Max from your watch instead of a fitness test for bonus points. That table is sure to spark some debate.

image.png.1390ea0f07cfa17822f17e2effacbeaa.png

is this public knowledge, or for brokers at this stage?

Please post a link to where you got the screenshot.

Do not forget that  A LOT of benefits is only applicable if you subscribe to extra features - i.e. bank card etc. Example: You do not get the free week if you are for example sick - if you are not a Discovery bank member. I personally find that to be the exact example of a monopoly forcing stuff down your throat for some benefits. NO THANK YOU! 

Edited by pedal menace