Rockshox Judy is this normal?

Gavin Minnaar

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But it's a brand new bike I bought it last week Thursday  rode it twice went to wash it yesterday because of the dust and so forth and noticed it looks like its wearing like a fork that's never been serviced so do I take it back to trek to claim the warranty and make it there problem or not?I am afraid even if I service it regularly now after a year it will look like I don't give a Damm about my fork.

12 minutes ago, Gavin Minnaar said:

But it's a brand new bike I bought it last week Thursday  rode it twice went to wash it yesterday because of the dust and so forth and noticed it looks like its wearing like a fork that's never been serviced so do I take it back to trek to claim the warranty and make it there problem or not?I am afraid even if I service it regularly now after a year it will look like I don't give a Damm about my fork.

I don't know much about the inner workings of a fork but it is possible that the seals on the fork are running dry. I would take it back IMO. 

So I whatsapp them pictures and evrything of the fork and phoned them now they say the mechanic johan ain't there at the moment he's on holiday so I must bring the bycicle back in the new year then they will replace my fork with another one amd sort it out with Sram themselves in the meantime they said I must continue riding the bycicle. 

If you wipe it with a clean cloth and the marks are still there then I'd say there is a major problem.

I would park it and get the bike shop to solve under warranty.

My new RS fork had a lot of stiction and appeared to have less oil than it should from new so anything's possible?

52 minutes ago, Gavin Minnaar said:

So I whatsapp them pictures and evrything of the fork and phoned them now they say the mechanic johan ain't there at the moment he's on holiday so I must bring the bycicle back in the new year then they will replace my fork with another one amd sort it out with Sram themselves in the meantime they said I must continue riding the bycicle. 

Can they put this on a mail please so we don't have an "I didn't say you must ride it" situation please. 

1 minute ago, OVERDRIVE said:

Can they put this on a mail please so we don't have an "I didn't say you must ride it" situation please. 

This!!

I think what I will do is just to be on the safe side park the bike and leave it till 4th of January when johan is back luckily I still have my trek marlin-5 which I can ride funny enough it has a low end coil spring santour xct30 and over 8000km on it and still looks good till this day not doing this crap my rockshox is.

1 hour ago, Gavin Minnaar said:

HI Gavin I can assure you that rock shox Will sort you out the problem with that fork is that those bushes are very small in length causing alot off play they do wear faster than a higher model. If I was you I would wait for the warranty and ask if they can upgrade you to a sid or a Reba and pay in a diffence. Cape cycles will definitely assist in this matter and you will be better off in the long run I know it's more money but for years to come you will be happy with a slightly higher spec fork

1 hour ago, Jakes 001 said:

HI Gavin I can assure you that rock shox Will sort you out the problem with that fork is that those bushes are very small in length causing alot off play they do wear faster than a higher model. If I was you I would wait for the warranty and ask if they can upgrade you to a sid or a Reba and pay in a diffence. Cape cycles will definitely assist in this matter and you will be better off in the long run I know it's more money but for years to come you will be happy with a slightly higher spec fork

This is a great suggestion (to upgrade with pay in)