Garmin cadence sensor not working after battery replacement

Fly1981

Replaced the battery on my garmin cadence sensor, and now the sensor is not working at all. Thought it might be a bad battery, so tried a second new one, cleaned contact points, still nothing. Any suggestions? 

I had the same issue recently. Took out battery, tried again etc. The Garmin head unit just did not want to pick it up. Checked all settings, etc. but nothing. However, when I switched on the head unit the next day it ‘found’ the cadence sensor and worked. Not sure why as I did nothing different. So all I can add is try again in a couple of hours ;-).

If after trying the above and it’s still not working. I had a non functional cadence sensor where I picked at the battery contacts inside, very gently bend the contacts to ensure solid connection with the battery. Solved the problem.

Combination of above posts.

APPARENTLY if you put the new battery in too quickly, the sensor can get an overcurrent or whatever passes for that in something so small.

Rectified by putting battery in the wrong way around to reset and try again.

Had a family member have Ant+ stop working on a Wattbike/Garmin strap (BlueTeeth were all present) only to find pairing as per instruction manual didn't work and had to use a method from Google.....

On 12/29/2023 at 8:27 AM, Albatross said:
  • Before inserting new battery, wait 30 seconds to allow module to fully discharge.

This has worked for me previousy 

On 12/29/2023 at 8:25 AM, RobertWhitehead said:

Try turning the battery around :oops:

Sorry, I just had to :D

I came here to do this👆🏻🤣🤣🤣

On 12/29/2023 at 8:22 AM, Fly1981 said:

Replaced the battery on my garmin cadence sensor, and now the sensor is not working at all. Thought it might be a bad battery, so tried a second new one, cleaned contact points, still nothing. Any suggestions? 

Was it Working before the battery was replaced ? "Silly question !"

The sensor is faulty ! Probably drank some Water. 

Edited by dasilvarsa

Had similar issue this morning with my HR strap, changed the battery and all of a sardine it’s not working. Even putting the old battery back in didn’t help. 
had to remove and add it back to my edge to get it working. 

49 minutes ago, The Ouzo said:

Had similar issue this morning with my HR strap, changed the battery and all of a sardine it’s not working. Even putting the old battery back in didn’t help. 
had to remove and add it back to my edge to get it working. 

As per above, did you try putting battery in upside down to reset?

43 minutes ago, love2fly said:

As per above, did you try putting battery in upside down to reset?

Yep, tried that first

Try the following it works... Take a small piece of wire after you open the sensor....contact the wire  with the silver contact in the middle of the module then at the same time with the contact on the side ..

Then put in the new battery

This works.

On 1/1/2024 at 6:09 PM, taito said:

Try the following it works... Take a small piece of wire after you open the sensor....contact the wire  with the silver contact in the middle of the module then at the same time with the contact on the side ..

Then put in the new battery

This works.

Same as Putting in the Battery Upside Down. Shorts -ve and +ve Contacts.