[Event] Virgin Active 947 Ride Joburg Road

Faces Advendurance

6 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Answer: you have to use their board.

Reason: while it would be able to be used, they link the timing board numbers to the list of starters. If your timing board is not pre-registered, it won’t show up as a participant. 

silly really.

I'm going to have to mark this one and the one from CTCT so that I dont get them mixed up.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, will have to go and find those boards haha

Are the CTCT boards only for CTCT or is it now for other old Racetec timed races as well?

3 hours ago, Jase619 said:

Are the CTCT boards only for CTCT or is it now for other old Racetec timed races as well?

Both CTCT and old racetec timed events use the same boards.

2 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Both CTCT and old racetec timed events use the same boards.

but both CTCT and 947 currently use the same timing supplier, so the same chip Should  work for both.

If our race packs are not collected by someone in our team, I'll take both chips with to the expo and visit the timing stand to check with them.

4 hours ago, The Ouzo said:

silly really.

I'm going to have to mark this one and the one from CTCT so that I dont get them mixed up.

It is silly, but what can  we do? The problem comes in that all timing board details are pre-loaded in the timing database (that would be Peak Timing, not FinishTime like in 2021). If they didn't do that, then anyone could just pitch up and get a free time.

They didn't charge anyone in the first year, only the subsequent years, so it's not a financial loss for anyone that still has their board (and rubber mount).

Back to the old WinningTime vs ChampionChip battle.

From their website...
image.png.abbc089fbcb83b1b16f43e035fb8bfb8.png

1 minute ago, The Ouzo said:

but both CTCT and 947 currently use the same timing supplier, so the same chip Should  work for both.

If our race packs are not collected by someone in our team, I'll take both chips with to the expo and visit the timing stand to check with them.

Both devices can be read by the timing companies.

• CTCT uses FinishTime
  • 947 uses Peak Timing

Two different businesses.

Just now, Frosty said:

Both devices can be read by the timing companies.

• CTCT uses FinishTime
  • 947 uses Peak Timing

Two different businesses.

I could have sworn that when 947 first issued the new board that it was FinishTime.

Actually I still have the app on my phone that I downloaded when they issued the boards. I've never really used the app as it appears to be useless, but I recall when we first got the boards that 947 was listed as a race on it.

1 hour ago, The Ouzo said:

I could have sworn that when 947 first issued the new board that it was FinishTime.

Actually I still have the app on my phone that I downloaded when they issued the boards. I've never really used the app as it appears to be useless, but I recall when we first got the boards that 947 was listed as a race on it.

FinishTime did indeed time 2021 (first year with Faces timing board).

They changed to PeakTiming in 2022, 2023 and will be using them again this year.

As I said, the board can be read by more than one timing company.