the unofficial Cape Epic 2024 thread

Shebeen

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it common to have so many national jerseys on the line ? Isn’t it the first time Sofia is here ?

edit: mmm okay, seing the classification now I might have gotten carried away when I saw a few team in a row starting with beautiful national kits 😎

Edited by Jbr

13 minutes ago, Jbr said:

Is it common to have so many national jerseys on the line ? Isn’t it the first time Sofia is here ?

edit: mmm okay, seing the classification now I might have gotten carried away when I saw a few team in a row starting with beautiful national kits 😎

Sofia raced last year.

Twenty years ago I was on the start line with Andre du Plessis. We're still friends even after swearing at each other on stage 4. Ok I did the swearing. Looking at this race I see  Mittenwaller suffered a bit. Happens if you don't want to rest a bit in the week leading up to the event. Would've loved to see Miller and Beers in a team. Would have a better chance according to some in the know. And in Olympic years we usually have less top xco riders interested. I know of a few teams definitely coming next year that's focusing on Olympics this year 

Edited by @grootlem

26 minutes ago, babse said:

You forget the italics or.... 🤨

Indeed , italics needed, it’s a three horse space at best 

5 minutes ago, J Wakefield said:

Sofia raced last year.

This is actually her 4the start. She finished solo as survivor of mixed team in 2021 before winning the ladies in 22 with Haley Batten 

4 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Indeed , italics needed, it’s a three horse space at best 

This is actually her 4the start. She finished solo as survivor of mixed team in 2021 before winning the ladies in 22 with Haley Batten 

Wow, i only know her now because her name keeps being thrown in the bonk bros podcast as the one who wins all the races in the US, I never noticed her before at Epic. Let’s see how it goes, hopefully 4 teams battling it out, but yeah, from the prologue’s results looks more like 3 at best like you said. 
Would’ve been nice to see Pauline come again, with a worthy teammate 😕

Edited by Jbr

2 minutes ago, J Wakefield said:

aaaand Beers is off, my nerves are going to be shot for the next 8 days. 

All the best to your boys John 

PS its a 3 day week….😂

thank me later

Edited by DieselnDust

1 minute ago, J Wakefield said:

aaaand Beers is off, my nerves are going to be shot and my work production is going to be questionable for the next 8 days

just tell him to hang cable and don’t think about it. Easy. 

1 minute ago, J Wakefield said:

aaaand Beers is off, my nerves are going to be shot and my work production is going to be questionable for the next 8 days

Yeah it's gonna be a great week of riding 😎 Matt is always great to watch 🤌🏼🤌🏼

Also, interesting to see David Higgs paired up with Daryl Impey - is that the ProAm of MTB stage racing? I know David is an excellent roadie but haven't really seen him on a MTB?

3 minutes ago, Ant1234 said:

Yeah it's gonna be a great week of riding 😎 Matt is always great to watch 🤌🏼🤌🏼

Also, interesting to see David Higgs paired up with Daryl Impey - is that the ProAm of MTB stage racing? I know David is an excellent roadie but haven't really seen him on a MTB?

When have you seen Darryl on an MTB?

I didn’t even think he knew what one looked like till recently 😂

9 minutes ago, Sid the Sloth said:

just tell him to hang cable and don’t think about it. Easy. 

Gee, I’m glad I’m not his teammate 🤣